~Chapter 3 (Lumine's decision) Part 2~

Cold air blew from the east to the west. It was just wind but it somehow froze Paimon and Lumine's mouths. They didn't say a single word until Xiao came back.

A trace of anemo elemental energy swiftly flowed and Xiao 'poof' and appeared beside Lumine all bloody. It seemed like he had a killing spree.

'Xiao? You alright? Why are you cover in blood?'asked Lumine in a hoarse voice. She was meant to be caring for Xiao but turned out to be suspicious.

Xiao raised up his eyebrows in confusion. He looked at Paimon face. Paimon's eyes were bloodshot and looked like she had cried for a long time.

Xiao thought deeply, 'What's up with these two? Aren't they best buddies or something? They looked like they had a big fight or argument with tears and sorrow. I'll ask Lumi in private.'

Xiao pulled Lumine up and disappeared with her. Paimon just stared at their shadow which lasted for 1 second and shook her head.

———————————————————

Xiao teleported to a hill which could take a gorgeous view of the Luhua Pool. (Finally not Wangshu Inn) 

'Xiao? Why'd you suddenly take me here?'questioned Lumine. She wasn't really feeling the best.

'Did you and that fairy have an argument or something? You two seemed odd. Don't make me worry.'asked Xiao. He gently held her hands.

'Oh yeah, right. You are so good at observing details. I mean it's obvious, isn't it?'sighed Lumine. She briefly explained about what had happened to Xiao.

Xiao frowned, not knowing what he was thinking. He hugged Lumine in a sudden.

'You must be stressed worrying for me and that fairy.'said Xiao. He didn't know all of this and felt bad for letting Lumine carrying all this. Once again, he felt his uselessness.

'It always felt great to have someone to worry about. I'm glad. Xiao, what do I do?'asked Lumine. She hugged back in bewilderment. She was lost, very lost. No clue how to get out of the maze.

'What do I do?'These four words hurt Xiao deeply. As her loved one, he couldn't be the light to guide her out of the complicated maze. He was no help but a viewer who could only watch her struggle.

'Lumine, what is the risky way you talked about? Maybe we can find a solution to the problem.'suggested Xiao. He pulled Lumine closer to him.

'If you insist, basically the way is to use the three of our amulets to cause a special event which is a portal. The portal will rip open a crack. One of us will get dragged into it and face her or his biggest nightmare or fear. The person is random. If you walk through your fear, then the illusion cause by the portal will break . Then, we're practically safe to go.'Lumine said according to her cognition. 

She stopped and thought for a while, then continued, 'But the illusion will bring up your deepest memory of regrets and despair which might cause you to be in great pain. The illusion can also read your memory and be a part of it. For example, if you lost something your ancestors gave you a long time ago, evolution will be taken place into the soul of the ancestors and scold you for all your sins and wrongdoings.' Lumine sighed in annoyance. If only she could find a way to replace the original system of travelling...She isn't the best at doing experiments. Plus, even she is an expert as an experimenter, the surrounding environment won't allow her to do such thing.

'Souls? You mean faking them?'asked Xiao. He was slightly shocked by all the new information. Lumine shook her head and answered in bitterness, 'No, Xiao. The souls were truly real. Every soul that passed away will always leave a trace of them in their world. No matter what world, where or when, the illusion will always capture it. The illusion made good use of its advantage. Even so, the trace could not represent the original person since it is just a part of it but it's enough to confuse the mind of victims and take fully control.'