Chapter 11

"No way," Jasmine was saying as Jellyfish and Jeweldreamer walked up to the group. "You're lying."

     "It makes sense," Bermuda said. Aconi was standing on one side of her, and Cloudy was sitting against the wall.

     "How? I mean, he wouldn't- I mean, I don't think he would-" Jasmine said.

    "Are they telling her about the Stratus theory?" Jellyfish asked.

     Jeweldreamer's ears pricked. "Yes, I can hear it in Bermuda's mind."

     "What about Aconi's?"

     Jeweldreamer made a face. "Her thoughts are weird and elusive. I can sort of get a general feel of what she's thinking or feeling, but every time I pin a thought down it falls apart."

    "So you can't read her mind?" Jellyfish asked, raising an eyebrow.

    "Not really."

     "We haven't told Fearless yet, so don't worry," Aconi said. The RainWing seemed a lot more passive lately, and Jellyfish thought it must be because of the recent death. Even though Aconi and Jasmine had butted heads in the past, Aconi must really care for her if she will do everything to support Jasmine.

     "What's going on?" Jellyfish asked.

     "Stratus might have been the killer," Jasmine hissed. She looked disoriented, and definitely a little angry. "Just the thought that he might have done it... it makes my blood boil."

    "Well, nothing's concrete, yet," Jeweldreamer said. "I thought we were going to get more evidence before we told her,"

     "I never said that," Aconi said dismissively. 

      Jeweldreamer sat down irritably. He glared at Aconi.

      "I don't know if it's because of what just happened," Jellyfish said, rubbing her temples. "but I'm noticing a lot of different things recently."

     "Such as?" Aconi asked.

    "The prophecy, Stratus's arrival, the weird book I read last night, and Jackpine's murder. It's so many things that are out of the ordinary that is just happening all of a sudden," Jellyfish said.

    "Well, I definitely think that it's all connected to the prophecy," Aconi said. "It would make sense to be, right?"

     "Yeah," Bermuda said, glancing at Jasmine, who looked dead. "It'll all blow over, I'm sure. Whoever is supposed to fulfill it will when the time comes."

     "Mhm," Aconi said, nudging Jellyfish's wing with her own. "Don't worry about it."

    Jellyfish nodded, but she couldn't shake the little balls of spikes that sat at the back of her mind.

     "Aconi, have you ever heard about the tale of Otdra?" Jellyfish asked, trying to change the subject.

     "Oh, I have!" Aconi said with a grin. "My mother used to tell me her story all of the time!"

     "You really liked that book, huh?" Jasmine said.

     Aconi's eye twitched. "It was my favorite bedtime story as a little dragonet."

     "I like the story," Jellyfish said with a nod. "It gives me hope,"

     "Speaking of hope," Jeweldreamer said. "And other things, like destiny, and faith and whatnot, we should study the prophecy."

     "Probably," Jasmine said quietly. Her face was still pale from the accusations she was hearing. Jellyfish hoped it wasn't Stratus, but if it was, Jellyfish wouldn't mind his blood on her talons.