The Princess' future

"Aegon!" snarled Vaera as she turned around feeling a hand on her ass; she had always thought of it as an innocent thing when he was a child, she had grown up with her half-siblings and Aegon had always been drawn to her. She had always loved them, especially Helaena, Aemond and Daeron. "Have you bled yet?" asked Aegon jokingly, "Touch me again and you'll be the one to bleed" she snapped, she could do nothing when there were other lords and ladies around, or when the King and Queen where in the room with them, but alone, she would have gladly killed him.

As her arm was hanging over her head, ready to slap him, she felt someone grabbing her by the wrist. She turned around and saw the Queen's sworn sword and the Princes fighting teacher, ser Criston Cole. "I am afraid I cannot let you do that, Princess" he said lowering her arm, "Have you not taught him manners but merely how to use a sword?" she asked defiantly, "Manners are not under my area of expertise" he said calmly and Aegon stared at her like an hungry dog, "You've grown, Princess" said Cole, she forced a smile, "It has merely been six months in Pentos" she reminded him, "It has, Princess" he said, Vaera turned to her brother again, "How's my sister Rhaenyra, how's father?" she questioned Aegon, knowing fully well he couldn't be bothered less to know how people were. "Father is sculpting a lot again lately" he said with a snarky tone, "He likes it, Aegon, don't make fun of it" she reprimanded him, he rolled his eyes.

After six months of being away, the first person she wanted to see again was not her brother Aegon but her older sister, "What about Rhaenyra" she asked again, "She left two weeks ago" he said playfully, he told her that Rhaenyra was on Dragonstone now. So she could not alert Ser Laenor of his sister's passing. Someone else she would have been happy to see would have been her sister Helaena, "What about our younger sister?" she asked, "She'll be somewhere playing with dirt" he said with contempt, "My sweet sister" said Vaera ignoring him. "Will you dine with me tonight?" asked Aegon all cheerful walking past Ser Criston, "I would let my dragon burn me before I willingly accept to stay alone with you in a room" she hissed, "Princess!" said Cole as Aegon sniggered at the dragon bit. "I'll speak to my brother as I like, ser Criston. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to see the King" she stated and Aegon and the knight let her pass. Vaera marched towards the stairs leading inside the Keep, eyeing Aegon with the corner of the eye, he hadn't averted his eyes from her for one moment.

Her father looked even more feeble than when she had left King's Landing; he was in his chair reading an old roll of parchment when she came into his eyesight. "Vaera – dear – I didn't know you came back today" he let out trying to stand up, "Do not move" she urged him, "How are you?" she asked apprehensively, he shook his head, "I already have Alicent fussing all over me every day, let's not talk about me – tell me about Pentos, how is Daemon and the Lady Laena, did she have her child?" he asked curiously. Vaera's face darkened, "Lady Laena's childbirth was ... the babe would not come" she said lowly, "She made Vhagar burn her" she told him gloomily. The King was saddened by that news and was trying to find the right words but she spoke first, "We're all going to Driftmark soon. I should tell the Queen" "Yes, go, dear, go" he said now with a grim face.

As she left the King's chambers and walked down the corridors of the Red Keep, she felt eyes on her, familiar ones, loving ones. She turned around and with a sigh of relief she exclaimed, "Helaena!" and her blonde haired sister ran to her with her flowy pink dress. They hugged and she held her younger sister tightly. "I've missed you" said Helaena, "As did I, my sweet" said Vaera warmly, holding her hands, "You've grown taller" she added taking a good look at her. Not far behind her sister, was the Princess' mother, Queen Alicent Hightower, a thundering beauty dressed as per usual in Hightower green; she had worn that colour ever since she could remember, her sister Rhaenyra said it had been like that since the day she had wedded Ser Laenor Velaryon.