Ours runs thick, ours runs true and ours must never thin

Princess Vaera was looking gravely from a distance towards her father, seated on his wheelchair close to the day cabin of the royal ship; he was looking out towards the sea and inhaling the fresh air of the late afternoon.

She could hear steps coming from behind her and her temporary sworn sword standing straight all of a sudden, so she knew it must have been someone important.

"You look troubled, dear" said her grace placing a hand on her shoulder.

Vaera turned to her step-mother, "I worry this journey might strain him too much" said Vaera lowly, "Your father is stronger than he looks and all the fresh air here and on Driftmark will do him good" reassured her Alicent, Vaera smiled genuinely and nodded.

The Queen waited a moment before continuing, "We'll be there shortly" "I'll make sure we're all ready to debark" said Vaera, Alicent smiled tenderly to her and as she walked to her husband, Vaera walked to find her siblings.

Ser Criston Cole followed her from a distance, always keeping an eye on her as was doing her sister's sworn protector.

Vaera found her sister Helaena on a bench near the main mast, staring ever so fervently up in the sky at every movement Dreamfyre and the rest of the dragons were doing.

Helaena didn't even notice her sister smiling towards her as she passed by, she was too intent on staring up and absorbing the creatures' beauty.

Vaera then walked past the Clubfoot who slightly nodded his head towards her before she descended into the ship.

At the end of the stairs, Vaera found the newly appointed Hand, Ser Otto Hightower. He had regained his post as Hand of the King after the death of Lord Lyonel Strong at Harrenhal who had been her father's Hand for most of her life.

"Princess" said the Lord Hand with a light bow, "My Lord" she said calmly, "Are my brothers down here?" she asked, "Only Prince Aemond and Prince Daeron, that I know of" said the Hand, "Thank you" she said as she walked past him, "Princess" he let out as he walked upstairs.

Vaera walked past guards and servants and two closed doors before she knocked onto the cabin Aemond and Daeron were sharing.

"Come in" she heard Aemond say, she walked inside and found him, Daeron and a nurse tending to her youngest brother, reading to him.

"Princess" said the nurse, she smiled to her and announced, "Mother says we'll be arriving shortly so please, be on your best behaviour. Our cousins, uncle Daemon, Lord Velaryon, Princess Rhaenys and Ser Laenor need the comfort of their family now more than ever".

Daeron looked up to her and asked, "Can I take this?" and he pointed to the book, "Yes, but you can read it only when the ceremony is finished, understood?" "Yes" "Good, now, has anyone seen Aegon?" she asked, her brothers shook their heads and the nurse answered, "No, Princess" "I can come with you and we can look for him" volunteered Aemond.

"Yes, come. Nurse, please make sure to get Prince Daeron upstairs in a timely fashion and please, give him something to eat now already, just in case. He gets cranky" said Vaera to the middle-aged woman, "I do not get cranky" argued the young Prince standing up at once, "Not proving your point" said Vaera in a chuckle, she stepped towards him, leaned in and gave him a kiss on the head before gesturing Aemond to follow her.

They found Prince Aegon sitting near where the food and beverages where stored, watching over him was ser Arryk Cargyll, the Prince's sworn sword.

"I'll go get mother" said Aemond in a knowing tone, "Don't" said Vaera following her order with a sigh.

Aegon had turned around and was now looking annoyingly at his brother and cheekily at his sister.

"How much did he drink?" asked Vaera calmly, "This is my first drink" said Aegon showing her the half glass of wine in his hand, "It's true, Princess" said ser Arryk, "Good, now put it down and come with me" "What? No" argued Aegon, "You can go a few hours without drinking. Now move, we'll be arriving shortly and we will all be upstairs together" shushed him Vaera.