The Black Council - part two

Rhaenys had heard loud and clear Princess Vaera's yells and pleas.

"Alert my sister, alert the Queen".

She would have done rightly so to keep her granddaughters and grandsons safe.

She flew past Driftmark knowing that her husband still wasn't there for her to go home to.

She steered Maelys towards Dragonstone and landed behind the castle where the rest of the dragons were. She saw them all but she focused more on Moondancer and she worried once more about her grandchildren.

As she left Maelys with the dragon keepers she recognised a man walking towards her, ser Lorent Marbrand, a knight of the Kingsguard. She patted Maelys and walked to the man.

"Princess Rhaenys" said the knight with a slight bow of the head, "Ser Lorent, I urgently need to speak with the Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon" she said firmly, cutting it short, she had no time for pleasantries, she wanted to see her grandchildren and alert Rhaenyra.

"This way, Princess" said the knight gesturing her to follow him.

Princess Rhaenys and ser Lorent arrived to ser Steffon, "The Princess Rhaenys needs to speak urgently with the Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon" said ser Lorent to his fellow Kingsguard, ser Steffon nodded first to Rhaenys and then to ser Lorent who walked away in search for Rhaenyra and Rhaenys was asked to wait while ser Steffon went to look for Prince Daemon.

Rhaenyra had gone to see where Lucerys was, she had understood the last few days had taken a toll on him, he had been stressed beyond measure, his birth right had been questioned and his grandfather had been wounded, not knowing whether that meant Lucerys ascending to the Driftwood throne earlier than he had expected.

She found her sweet son in the stone table room, watching his future seat on the map.

"There you are" she said relieved, keeping a hand on her belly, looking radiant, but her son did not seem pleased, "The Sea Snake is going to die, isn't he?" he asked lowering his head a moment, Rhaenyra looked away for less than a second then tried, "Luke –'' "I can't be Lord of the Tides!" he exclaimed, "Grandsire was the greatest sailor who ever lived" he continued firmly, "I get green sick before the ship even leaves the harbour! I'll just ruin everything!" he exclaimed restless, he stopped a moment then stated, "I don't want Driftmark. It should have passed on to ser Vaemond" "We don't choose our destiny, Luke. It chooses us" said Rhaenyra firmly.

"Grandsire let you choose whether you be his heir, you told us so" he said now rather hopeless.

Rhaenyra chuckled slightly and walked towards him as she asked, "And do you want to know the truth of it?", but for her it wasn't a question, she would have told him her little story to try to calm him nonetheless.

"I was frightened. I was four and ten, same as you are now" she began, "I wasn't ready to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms but it was my duty" she said with half a sigh towards the end, "And, in time, I came to understand I had to earn my inheritance" she finished but Lucerys still didn't seem sure, "I am not like you" he uttered, "In what way, sweet boy?" she asked with a warm smile, "I'm not so – perfect" he said looking at her with reverence.

Rhaenyra smiled happily, proud her son thought her without faults; she sighed, walked even closer to him and took his cute little face in her hands before giving him three little kisses near his left temple.

"I am anything but" she stated with the proudest face towards her son, "My father looked after me –'' she began as she heard steps behind her, "And helped me prepare for my duties, your mother will do the same for you" she reassured him as she gave him a little nod.