Family bonds

The next morning, after finishing her breakfast in ser Criston's company she informed him she would have gone to the dragon pit, "Are you returning to Dragonstone?" asked Cole standing up after finishing his cup of wine, "No, Aemond and I wanted to go fly" she said nonchalantly, "Very well, I'll go see if the Prince is awake and send for the carriage" he said, "Thank you" said Vaera.

She walked outside after a while and looked down on the small inner garden they had up there, there were hardly any trees growing there but it was filled with flowers and benches for her and Helaena to read under the sun. She leaned over the railing to see whether Ser Criston was coming back already, she didn't know whether he had found Aemond still in his chambers, "You'll fall" said Aemond's voice behind her, she was startled and turned around immediately, "I will if you scare me like that" she reprimanded him. He had walked up the stone staircase behind her, "Did Ser Criston call you? He's asking the royal carriage to come get us" she stated with a small smile. He kept looking at her in silence, slightly moving his jaw showing her he was actually listening to what she was saying, "Aemond" she urged him, he stepped closer to her, "He did, I found him wandering down in the Keep" he let out, "Good" she said as she started walking towards the main staircase down to the garden level, he followed her like a shadow, "What story did you tell father last night?" he asked sternly, "Princess Nymeria's" she said calmly.

Aemond had stepped closer to her and had gently stroked her arm but somehow this time his touch made her step back instead of closer to him, "Not here" she whispered, "Why not? There's no one" he argued, "There's always someone watching" she said so fiercely that now he felt watched as well. It was true, secrets were not well kept in the Red Keep.
She walked near the roses for a moment before heading for downstairs again.

Before they could get past the throne room, the Queen stopped them with a smile on her face, seeing her son and Vaera.

"I met ser Criston as he was ordering the carriage for you" began Alicent, "He told me you're going flying" she added, "Yes, mother" said Aemond calmly, "Why don't you bring your siblings with you as well? You could make an outing and stay out for the day" she suggested.

Aemond smirked slightly under his breath, "We were hoping we wouldn't have had to babysit Aegon, mother" he said harshly.

Alicent sighed, "He's your brother, be nice" she told him, he hummed under his breath, "What do you say? Helaena and Daeron would love that and it would do your brother good to leave this place once in a while" continued the Queen rather convincingly.
"Of course. We'll wait for them at the gate" said Vaera charmingly, "Good. I'll have them taken to you" she said, holding her son's arm and then quickly walking away.

Aemond slowly turned to her and just stared condescendingly, "What was I supposed to say? No?" she snapped as she walked down the corridor, heading towards the gate. He snorted and tilted his head away from her, she stopped abruptly and so did he, she turned her head to him and hissed, "Don't be such a killjoy" "Me?" he retorted, "We've waited a year to be alone, it's just a day" she said, he snorted with a devious smirk, "You waited a year. I waited much longer" he said under his breath but he was sure she had heard him.

It wasn't just him that craved to touch her, she wanted to hold his hand but there were knights, ladies of the court and lords all around them. She looked down and walked away to the gate alone.
She smiled and nodded to some as she walked to the bench to sit down and Aemond arrived moments later, but he had remained over the railing next to the stairs, staring down everyone there in the courtyard, staring her down.