Ch 14

'Friends!' Tango calls again. 'Hello friends!' 

'You're- I saw you before!'

'Yeah, we were going to bridge over and come back with you but you walked off.'

'Oh... sorry. Scar wanted to bridge to you but we decided to go back to the others and plan how to rescue the others...' I glance at Ren as I speak. 

'Scar.'

'What?' I look over as Impulse speaks. 

'Scar went with you and didn't come back. I knew someone was... missing.' The emotions begin to choke me again. All I can do is nod.

'The Watchers made some kind of deal and Scar let them take him so Grian and all of us could escape.'

'Why?!' 

'He thought he was doing the right thing. It doesn't matter. Just... join us up here and we can head to the overworld together. Someone might be wondering where we've gone.' 

About a minute later, we're all back in the overworld, where Martyn runs over, clearly relieved that I'm alright, and then surprised at the sight of Tango and Impulse. 

'You're here!'

'Hid in the nether for a while. Couldn't fly back.'

'Didn't know if it was safe or if the Watchers had killed anyone else.'

'Anyone else?' I frown, sensing the grief in Impulse's voice.

'Zedaph.'

'Oh my goodness, we didn't know...' I struggle to find the right words. 'Did... can you talk about it?'

'We were running together and then suddenly a Watcher caught him and then he was dead.' Impulse explains. 

'That's horrible.' 

'Yeah... what's happened over here?'

'We've just slowly been finding people... we went to the watcher lands and rescued a whole group and we're wondering what to do from here...'

'Gather everyone for a group meeting so we can discuss it.' I decide. With a nod, Martyn and Ren run off to find people. I look back at Tango and Impulse.

'We've managed to find a lot of people.' I explain. 'Ren, Jevin, Hypno, Cub and Martyn were in the Watcher Lands, Doc ran away and hid in a cave where he found me and Scar early on... Joe flew a while away and came back when we told him it was safe... as far as we know Keralis is still alive somewhere...' I try to remember if I've forgotten anyone. 'Xisuma and Cleo got away safely to another world.'

'xB was with them.' Tango recalls.

'Great. Stress and TFC... didn't make it. Or False.'

'Oh.' Is all Impulse replies. It seems that the others have arrived by this point. I don't know long its been, but the prisoners are a lot better than they were when we found them... I'm surprised to see Cub there, though the look of clear worry and loss in his eyes shows we're feeling the same about Scar. 

'What did you want to say?' A moment too late after Doc's question, I realise they're all looking to me as a leader. I consider refusing their trust in me but don't.

'We need to continue looking for the others.' I decide. 'I thought we should all discuss where to go... or if getting Scar back should be top priority.' Cub notices me looking at him, but it's Martyn who answers.

'We should go to Empires.'

'What?'

'And how?' Adds Tango. 'We're not whitelisted.' (Oh the irony-)