Chapter 9

When a person has severe social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others. Bear in mind, they only struggle to form connections, but that doesn't mean they don't want to.

ALSO BEAR IN MIND THAT I AM MAKING UP SOME OF THIS STUFF AND IT MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE CAUSE THIS GIRL HAS NO WIFI RIGHT NOW AND IS EDITING THIS ON A GOOGLE DOC-

Shousuke sat on his bed at home, the moonlight shining through his window. He was staring at the ceiling, thinking about past conversations. He thought about how people misunderstand what he is trying to say because of his social anxiety. He blushed in embarrassment, but then remembered when he was talking with Agari and Tadano brought up a time when he misunderstood someone.

~Flashback~

(Tadano is in his chunnibiyou faze.)
Tadano was in his third middle school year and he wanted to ask this girl out. Her name was Kawaii. He had liked her since his first year, but they weren't really friends.
"Ask Kawaii if she would go to the rooftop after school," Tadano asked his friend. He nodded, giving him a thumbs up.

Later that day, Kawaii was waiting up on the rooftop, her hands behind her back, humming a sweet tune. Tadano walked up to her with a flower in his hand.
"Hey Kawaii," He said, a light blush on his cheeks. He scratched the back of his neck and moved closer to her.
"I wanted to ask if you wanted to go out with me." He asked, handing her the flower. She took it from him and he thought that meant yes. He walked up to her and hugged her.
"I'm so sorry Tadano, but I don't like you." She broke away from his hug and walked down the stairs, leaving him and his buddy, who was hiding in the bushes, there, to think about what the heck had just happened. As his friend made his way out of the bushes, Tadano knelt to the floor, tears in his eyes.

~End of Flashback~

Shousuke snickered at the memory. He was glad Tadano had felt like they were close enough to share that, and all his thoughts left his mind and he had a peaceful night, slowly drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Next Day~

Shousuke walked into class early, nobody there. He laid his stuff down beside his desk and sat down in his seat. The next person to walk in was a couple students he could care less for, who were blushing at him. He didn't pay attention to it, instead, he was doodling cats in his notebook. He was so busy doing this, he didn't even realize Tadano walked in.
"Hello, Shousuke!" He said, sitting in his seat beside Shousuke. He got startled, jolting back.
He flipped to a new page and wrote down, 'You scared me.'
Tadano scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry."
Soon, Najimi walked in, a sad and glum expression plastered on their face. They walked over towards Shousuke and Tadano and dramatically put their hand on top of their head.
"I don't think I can live any longer. I want to die." They dreadfully declared. When Shousuke and Tadano didn't answer, they said it again.
"I want to die." They say again, catching their attention. Shousuke frantically flips through his notebook and writes sloppily in his notebook, reading, "You can't die!"
Najimi looks at him, dumbfounded, but then smiles dearly, "Shousuke i'm just joking! Ha ha!" Shousuke stares at them with an expression that is a mix of panic and frustration. Nonetheless, he was glad his friend didn't want to perish. Tadano looks at them confused.
"Why did you say that then?" Najimi darted their vision to him and laughed.
"Didn't you know? The stupid testing period starts next week! I'd rather play video games than do it." They said, glumly. Their expression soon changed, as they found an idea.
"How about we study together!" They excitedly stated, hopping up from their sullen stature. Shousuke excitedly agreed, but Tadano saw right through them.
'They're not really wanting to study, are they?' He thought, following them to the library.
~In the Library~
When they got in the library, they sat down at the desk in the farthest corner, Tadano the only one with a textbook in hand.
"This is too boring!" Najimi exclaimed, stretching their hands back. They all heard a creeping crawling noise and then Ms. Gorimi, the Librarian, walked over and wacked Najimi with a paper fan on the head.
"Two more wacks and you're kicked out of the library." She swiftly walked away and formed a large lump on their head. They curled over with their hands on their head.
"Ow." they mumbled.
A little while later of total quietness, Najimi tells Tadano a joke.
"Knock knock." They whispered.
"Who's there?" Tadano asked, trying to study.
"Interrupting cow."
Interrupting cow who-" Before he could finish, Najimi interrupted him.
"MOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! HAHAHA!"
Ms. Gorimi rushed over and wacked them on the head again.
A few more minutes later, Najimi pulled out a game called 'Jungle'. (Implying Jenga)
"Play with me Tadano!" They whispered. Tadano shook his head, trying to get through the book he was reading. Najimi quietly huffed.
"Shousuke, do you want to play?" Najimi asked him, pulling all the small bricks from the bag. He nodded, knowing there was nothing else to do. Tadano looked over to a full tower of the small beige blocks. He sighed and set his book down,  scooting over to them as Najimi pulled out their block. The tower didn't fall, so it was Shousukes turn. He pulled a block out, the tower not moving at all, and placed it on the top. That meant it was now Tadano's turn. Tadano looked at the tower and a certain block caught his eye. He tried pulling it out, but the tower soon fell and made a loud crash.
"Uh oh." Tadano and Najimi both whispered before Ms. Gorimi walked over to them, her paper fan in hand.
When Ms. Gorimi whacked all of them on the head, she kicked Najimi out of the library. Najimi walked away in solitude, three knots on their head.
Shousuke pulled out his notepad and wrote down something, showing it to Tadano after.
'I had a lot of fun, even if I got slapped on the head.' it read.
"Yeah, you're right. Let's go so we can meet up with Najimi."
They both walked out of the library, Tadano holding the door for Shousuke on his way out.

~A Week or so in The Future; The last day of school~

Shousuke, Tadano, and Najimi had all finished their tests and were checking their scores in the main hall. There was a paper on the bulletin board and people swarmed it.
The gang was in the front, however, so they had a perfect view of the paper.
"I got an 89!" Najimi exclaimed in joy. Tadano looked over at his score, which was a 76, as usual. His vision soon darted towards Shousuke's, which was a perfect score of 100. His eyes turned sparkly and he looked at Shousuke. Despite having a big score, he didn't have much of a big reaction, when really, he was focusing on Tadano's gaze on him.
Meanwhile, in the back of the crowd, a certain competitive pink haired girl was comparing her scores to someone.
"A 67?!" She exclaimed, earning glances by other people. She looked over at Shousuke's score, which was a perfect 100.
"You might have won, Shousuke Komi, but one day, ONE DAY I WILL PREVAIL!" She exclaimed, laughing maniacally as she walked into the distance.
"Who was that?" Tadano asked, searching for who was making such noise, but Najimi pulled him away, asking if he could go to their house this summer.

*Insert camera zooming out into the distance, showing a bright blue sky and some sakura trees shedding their leaves because i don't want to get copyright claim*

OMG THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE LONGEST CHAPTER YET-
THIS ALSO MAKES UP FOR THE TIME I WAS GONE AND FOR THE OG's WHO WERE READING SINCE THE BEGINNING (sorry for the spam of caps, i'm just so excited to finally be posting for a decent 5 MONTHS)
Please wait for the next chapter, remember to drink water and eat healthy, and I will be on my way.
BYEEEEEEEEE<3333

Word count: 1363