Chapter 10

They had escaped to the wood, made fire to keep themselves warm and hunted down animals to prepare for supper. Hoseok was lying on the ground, his head rested on Yoongi's lap. Namjoon and Seokjin sat silently with them. The other 'Bulletproof' boys were spending time with the escaped prisoners. There were two vampires, a werewolf, three demigods, two elves and a satyr.

Taehyung was found to be alright and not badly hurt. He had recognized the werewolf from when he was a prisoner himself and they started a conversation. Jungkook talked with the vampires to learn about his servants; those who had been caught. He found out that they had been killed during the experiments. Jimin stayed quiet the whole time.

Meanwhile, Yoongi kept muttering a spell in an attempt to heal his unconscious friend of the wound that had been left on his back. But it didn't seem to be working properly. Namjoon came closer and Yoongi noticed the tears on his cheeks.

Namjoon gently wiped them away with his hand and placed it on Hoseok's back. Light sparkled through Hoseok's wound for a moment. Then, it healed completely. Yoongi gasped in shock.

"I almost forgot," Yoongi said, "You were an angel once."

Namjoon nodded but remained silent. It was a common knowledge that an angel's tears can heal any wound. Yoongi being an educated wizard, should have known that.

Seokjin stood up and announced, "I think, this is the time I part. I had caused enough trouble to you all. I know I've done something terrible and it's beyond forgiveness. But if you can, please forget my mistakes and remember only the good parts of our journey together. Do this for the old time's sake."

"But you can't just go away that easily." Namjoon said boldly.

Seokjin was taken aback. Namjoon never sounded this serious before. Not even at the worst time possible.

Namjoon stood in front of him, arms crossed, and said, "Did you forget the iconic 'Once you Jim-in, you can't Jim-out' line?"

Yoongi let out a small laugh. Seokjin couldn't believe it. Namjoon was not mad at him. In fact, he was making jokes. He was even okay with him being on the team.

The golden trio had come towards them. Hearing Seokjin wanting to leave, Jungkook whined, "Hyung, you can't leave us like that."

"Especially, not after saving us like a hero." Jimin said, while hanging a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "We are not gonna let you be the main character of the story."

Yoongi pleaded, "Just let us know the truth. When did you go against us exactly? Don't say it was since the beginning."

Seokjin shook his head. Tears were threatening to come out of his eyes at the surprisingly kind reactions from the others. But he told them the truth anyway.

He told them, how he was once a normal boy living with his Goddess mother and mortal father. Until one day, Aphrodite decided to take him away to the Mount Olympus. Being a kid, he always wondered what the reason could be. He was sure of one thing; his mother was indifferent to him. She never showed love or affection towards him.

As he grew up, the longing for his father, who once used to love the boy so much, became stronger. Then, one day, Seokjin decided to escape Mount Olympus with the help of some other Gods. By his own wits, he was able to come down to the earth. He had been searching for his father since then.

"But then, I met Yoongi." Seokjin said, "When I heard about his plan of bringing down the OHA, I decided to stay with the team in hope of finding my father. But I swear, I didn't know he was the CEO of this fucked up institution. I don't know what got into me when I agreed to help him. I believed him to be a good man. I never imagined he could be so cruel."