5

Techno POV

I woke up suddenly, for the 7th time this night. I couldn't sleep. Not at this state.

Phil, Tommy and Wilbur really loved me. And I loved them back. But I couldn't be with them.

I didn't deserve them anyway.

I didn't want them to get hurt. But as long as I was here, they were in danger.

My mom was going to want me back. Just for money of course.

I didn't want this family to end up like my dad.

I loved my dad. I really did. But one day, when we were struggling with paying the bills, my dad lost his job. I remember it like it was yesterday.

- 7 YEARS AGO -

I was watching a video on murdering orphans when I heard the door open and shut from upstairs. That meant dad was home!

I didn't think much of it, and thought I would walk down and say hi a little later.

I thought the video was getting kind of boring, so I decided I'd listen to what was happening down the stairs.

It seemed like my parents were talking about bills. I wondered who Bill was.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when yelling started.

My parents were fighting again. This started about a month ago, but it still scared me.

My mom had also started drinking again. I was pretty sure she was super drunk right now.

Usually the yelling would stop after a couple of minutes, but it didn't this time.

Suddenly, a giant crash could be heard from downstairs.

"TECHNO!" I heard my name being called from down the stairs.

"TECHNO GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!—"

I walked out of my room, and made my way downstairs.

A glass vase was shattered on the floor, in front of the stairs.

I looked around for my parents. I found them in the kitchen.

"Techno, go clean up the glass mess that your father made." My mom directed sternly.

"You know very well that it was your fault," my father commented.

"Techno, go clean it up." She spat out at me. My mom never used that tone of voice.

"Don't make him do it, it was your fault, you're the one who's drunk," my dad retaliated.

"HE'LL DO AS I SAY!" My mom yelled, as she pushed a dust pan into my arms.

"HE'S SEVEN! FOR HECKS SAKE!" My dad yelled back.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LOST A JOB! WHO KNOWS HOW LONG UNTIL WE'LL BE ON THE STREETS!" My mom screamed.

"IT WOULD BE BETTER THAN LIVING WITH YOU!" My dad spat out.

But that was the last straw for my mom. She opened one of the drawers in the kitchen.

She pulled out a knife, and thrust it toward my dad. An ear splitting scream echoed through the house.

I watched my dad hit the floor in a pool of blood.

My mom looked satisfied with herself. She smiled at me, and walked forward with the knife.

"Now you'll be a good boy and do as I say right?" Her words snaked up my spine making me shiver in terror.

I nodded my head. She smiled evilly, and turned away, stepping over my dad's corpse to open another bottle of beer.

Within the next month, I was moved into a cage instead of a room, and I was sold off.

I remember what my mom said the first time.

"Don't worry, this is just so we can get some money. You'll be fine," she lied right through her teeth.

She threw me at the purchaser.

"Do what you want," she spat out.

- PRESENT DAY-

I couldn't let what happened to my dad happen to Phil. I still remember watching him grow lifeless in front of my eyes.

I shuttered.

There really was only one thing I could do. I had tried before, but got caught. I just had to make sure that didn't happen again.

I needed to leave. I had to go.

I had to run away.

I grabbed a notebook that I had found in a drawer, and a pencil.

Tears spilled out of my eyes as I wrote. I didn't want to leave. But for their safety, I had to do this.

Dear family, I never deserved you. Thank you for trying to welcome me, but I have to go. It's not safe for you if I stay.

You really felt like a family.

I love you, goodbye.

I folded the paper, and placed it on my desk. It was covered in watermarks from my tears.

This was hard...

Emotions were never something I experienced much.

I looked around the room for a way I could get out, without going downstairs. Someone would surely hear me if I did that.

I didn't really see a way out, until I spotted the window.

I walked over, and checked for locks. None. That's a first.

I silently opened the window, and looked down. It was too far to jump on my own, but there was a tree there as well.

I quietly stepped out, and held onto the branches. I tried to shut the window as best I could, but was only able to make it halfway before I slipped.

Tumbling to the ground, I was barely able to catch hold of a branch just before I hit the cold grass.

I cut my hand a bit, but I didn't face-plant, so that was good.

I looked up at the window. The half cracked open glass beckoned me back in, but I couldn't. I had to leave. It wasn't safe for them as long as I was here.

As much as I loved them, they couldn't get hurt. I had to go.

Racing down the sidewalk, I crossed streets and buildings. I finally came upon a small town with shops.

Finding my way down the path, I crossed an alleyway. It was still pitch black outside, so I might as well sleep there. No one would find me if I hid behind the boxes hopefully.

If anyone did come looking after me, that is.

Part of me wanted them to, but I knew it was for the best if they didn't.

+++++

GUYSSSS I HAVE LIKE 5 MORE CHAPTERS AFTER THIS ONE I THINK—

YALL READY FOR THIS SPEEDED FAST ROLLER-COSTER TO BE OVER???