Real Life.

Headed out for a run but could only manage a walk

But a little outfit inspo to brighten your Monday.
#gettingstronger#altheisure #mondayfashioninspo
❤️nina and 1million others
nina: you look hot 🥵 baby raising the heat!
candiceaccola: slayyy girl
Iansomerhalder: damnnnnn.. but where tf is my picture credit??
I look to my right to see him smiling with the phone in his hand while we scroll Instagram in silence.
"You really asked for a picture credit? How 2012."
Hey you know it took a lot of work to have a photo shoot after a run? All my tears and sweat to make you look this good."
He smiles a little in amusement, while I look at him in confusion.
"You should know needy is not a good look on you."
"Needy me? Please I make everything look good."
I knew how good he looked.
"You're staring."

Would you not have me stare at you ?"  I ask boldly. I am momentarily taken aback by how quick the response was.

"Didn't say your attention bothered me in fact I want all of it."
For a second I look at him wondering where all these bold statements were coming from but realised we were comfortable with each other now. The shift from casual friendly talking to casual flirting seemed organic,  natural even but what did all of this mean... for us even if there was an us?
"You're overthinking, stop." He says with a frown his features concerned.
It takes me a minute to get out of my own head and back to reality.
"Tell me what do you want to do today?"
I pause thinking. "A trip to the bookstore wouldn't hurt."
"Bookstore?" His grin breaks out knocking me off my feet for a second. He looks angelic when he smiles this way. "Let's go."
The 15-minute drive has us in a heated debate on twilight. I try to get him to be on Team Edward but he remains stubborn saying that's just pushing it and refusing to be on either.
The bookstore within view unlocks a child let loose in a candy store.
It's pure glee and a feeling of calm as I walk with Ian close behind.
Shelves beckon for books to be held and I do exactly that as I walk through aisles one after another scanning the shelves for new stories waiting to be devoured.
I stop at the classics shelf and run my fingers along the spines reminiscing.
"Find something you like?" In the minutes of browsing, I hadn't noticed Ian not being there and handed me a Starbucks cup.
"Caramel Frappuccino btw you'll get a sugar rush."
Worth it. I say taking a big sip just to annoy him.
He looks at the copy of Little Women and smiles a little.
"You know the hours I spent roaming the aisles reading one book after another? You could jump into one story and get into another and create a world of your own?"
"Is that why you chose acting? To be different people all while being yourself."
That might be the reason. I put the book back on the shelf and turned around. It's nice to do this with someone who can see this side of me.
His eyes flicker with emotions as if understanding what I meant.
I walk out with more books than I can hold.
"Talk a walk with me. " Ian says just as the sky is changing colour. 
He snaps a picture of me just as we have walked a few steps away my hands up in the air feeling  content right down to my bones.

He doesn't show me the picture but tucks his phone away

I don't mean to pry but curiosity picks at me.
The drive home is jamming to Taylor Swift which has me in surprise as I see him completely belting out the lyrics.
"Wait till the world finds out you're a Swiftie!"
"Now why would I want to tell the world about something that's supposed to be just us?"