On Set /Instagram.

After the first day on introductions and table reads, today is the first official day of cracking at work. Phew! You can do this Kels! I entered the set and saw it already buzzing with activity. We were shooting the Pilot so everyone's nerves were shot and I could feel the adereline rush!
Writing for an actual tv show!
The first scene to be shot was the one read at the table read yesterday. The one where Damon Salvatore meets Elena Gilbert.
We shot the first scene perfectly and all the while my eyes shifted to Ian and Nina noting how perfect their on screen chemistry was and how well they transformed the scene, the intensity the chemistry.
But just as easily they could have fun with each other.
Candice, Kat and Paul and Nina shot a couple of scenes at the next location hitting each mark exactly, making the environment crackle with energy.

Scene between Stefan and Damon Salvatore:

Stefan to himself: "It couldn't be! It's impossible! Two girls centuries apart can't look the same unless.. "he shakes his head not finishing the sentence.
Damon: "Hello Brother ;)"
Stefan : "Damon... Did not expect you to come crashing into my life for another century."
Damon: "And what miss my little brother's first day of school for the 50th time.. you have to agree this is getting old but nevertheless you enjoy it. "
Stefan: "I have to run away cause some demons follow me no matter where I go."
Damon: "Me a demon? Now that's a bit harsh isn't it?
Stefan: What do you want Damon. I'm sure you aren't here for all the brother bonding what's it this time. "
Damon: "You've changed. 25 years does turn a blood thirsty vampire into this." (Gesturing up and down at Stefan )
Stefan: "Are you here to bring up the past? Because it doesn't suit you and anyway I'm not running away. I want a fresh start. "
Damon: "In our childhood home? The past is buried under your feet, hell every inch of this town has our history. Seems a bit carthatic. A fresh start in the same place you couldn't wait to leave. That's rich Stef, even for you. "
Stefan: "For the last time, brother why are you here and want do you want?"
Damon: "The same thing you are here for. Couldn't resist her pull I guess."

Stefan's eyes dart to Damon, fury building.

Damon: "I'm here for Elena, Stefan. Guessing I was right. You're reason for being back in this god forsaken town , our home, Mystic Falls is none other than Elena Gilbert. "
Stefan: "She isn't Katherine Damon. "
Damon: "Very well, since you brought it up. Don't you think it's a cruel joke that Elena looks exactly like Katherine?"
Stefan: "Don't go after her she isn't one of your playthings. History isn't gonna repeat itself this time around. "
Damon: "Time for a history lesson, little brother. History always repeats itself. It's just a matter of time. Btw, I don't care if Elena is a part of this or not just don't get in the way. Cheer up, little brother. It's time for the welcome bourbon to flow. "

Absolute silence as the scene came to an end. I was in absolute awe. I think I was staring ahead until I felt arms round my waist and a slow voice in my ear:
"Don't want you catching flies now gorgeous would we? Such a shame if you did". Ian Somerhalder or should I say Damon Salvatore stood in front of me smiling brightly.
"Don't give yourself so much credit. It's only the first day but I'm impressed, Somerhalder you managed to totally not ruin it. "
This time I was the one that left him gaping, finishing my sentence with a wink sent his way.

Instagram: @kelseybrooks