Chapter 2

It's raining as I head out the side door of the library. The one that looks out to the edge of the city. It was cloudy so I could barley see that. There was a branch not far from the steps and I questioned if I should climb it to get a view of the full city, and also use my wind glider to get to class faster. Before I thought about it much more I stepped onto the branch and started walking to the edge. There was not much else to see of the city from the branch but a small sliver than what I had seen before. I broke out of my thought when I heard 2 boys bickering.

"Al Haitham, oh great scribe, GIVE ME THE DAMN INFORMATION. Of all the first years you, YES YOU, have not given your findings on Irminsul," one spat.

"I don't need to! And your getting on my nerves. Don't forget that I can change the locks on our house and you will sleep outside with the dogs!" The bother retorted.

Why do froshes have to be so loud. It reminds me of him and now I'm even more pissed than before! Damn you, damn froshes!

The tree branch sways in the wing and I stumble to my left. As close I was to falling I was also extremely far from the ground. I took a double take and hopped to a branch slightly lower than the previous one.

The wind blows on my ears and I shiver.
——————————————————————————-
"Tighnari. Tighnari, wake up."

I rustle in my book and lift my head, "Wazup?"

"Good your awake, I have a joke to tell you! Oh, and don't eat that mushroom. That's the sleep-inducing one. Try this on," a familiar voice chuckled.

I look over a notice that voice comes from Cyno, to my dismay I'll add.

"Ok you ready, great. Smart people are hot," he said.

...

"Because they have more degrees."

Yep there it is... archons it's so bad.

"Do you like? Eh, eh—I thought it was real smart!"

I want to punch him.

"I don't get it...."

"Well you see smart people get degrees, degrees are used in temperature. So smart people are hot," Cyno nudged me.

I grabbed the sleep-inducing mushroom.
——————————————————————————-