Chapter 9

When I awoke, there was a large welt, most likely the size of a baseball. All the tubes down my throat were gone, but IVs were still attached to my arm. I turned onto my side and shifted the bedding to curl around my body. The welt felt boiling hot, but the rest of my body was freezing. I eventually couldn't sleep any longer and started walking with my IV stand and making my way to the door. No one seemed to be outside my door as if I wasn't just dying who-knows-how-long-ago, but I didn't really care why, I just wasn't sitting in this room anymore.

As I entered the hallway, there was a cluster of nurses at an intersection that I flagged down. They all seemed uninterested in me and simply gave me a smile before telling me, "You should be resting," or ,"Don't push yourself."

I ignored this and found my way to the hospital's weird food court/ cafeteria/ staff lunch room. Lots of people were there, but out of all of them, there were 2 people I was interested in.

They sat together but acted as if they didn't know each other very well. I walked up and sat beside them.

"Hello, Is Tighnari?" One asked in broken words.

"Uh? Yes. Nice to meet you," I responded

"I Razor. This is Lupical," the younger boy pointed to Cyno.

Cyno smiled and looked at my IV stand,"well, guess who's made a comeback? So how you feelin? This is my brother...it's really odd to say that. But here we are. He was raised by wolves but when someone found him he somehow was brought to me, as if I know how to teach him the language of Teyvat and making him a upstanding citizen of Sumeru, or if he wants then Monstat."

I blinked a few times and responded with a, " I'm fine, and are you ok?"

Seeing he word-vomited, Cyno took a breath in, "I'm fine, thank you. I'm just stressed that I have to teach my brother, who I just met, how to be a normal person. Not to mention the fact he's got a vision that he used for violence...oh God, I'm word vomiting again!"

I smiled and patted his shoulder, "So I guess that normal day isn't going to be for another while, huh?"

He chuckled, "Yeah..."

Razor cocked his head and asked,"Like each other?"

We both instinctually got confused before realizing what he said.

"No."

"Not friends?" Razor asked concerned.

"Oh no, Razor, we thought you meant in a romantic sense. Yes, we are friends!" Cyno corrected.

"Good!" Razor smiled excitedly.

We all ate and for a moment I almost forgot about the fact we were in a hospital...it felt amazing.