Part 3

A couple of weeks passed ever since the three of you arrived. You didn't even notice the time period you were inside the underground, even less about the hours. You could only know by common sense. 

If you were tired, sleep.

If you were not tired, stay awake and help Toriel with the groceries she brought from an unknown place to you. Or maybe she will give you a random chore to do. 

You warmed up by the place you currently resided in, even though it was still bizarre how there was no sky. You still got used to it though. You met a few monsters along the way, and you couldn't help but interview them about the underground. You'd ask everything you could possibly gather. It wasn't much, but enough to even gain some friends. 

Most of the time you would visit the spiders from the ruins, giving out small pieces of pie for their shop. Also, kind of without Toriel's approval, giving out some extra cash to the spiders. You'd also noticed how the majority of time Carla spent with Napstablook, a nice ghost that visited the ruins when he cans. And thanks to her, you were able to gather very useful information! You weren't able to talk to one mysterious monster though... Flowey.

You never understood his demeanour, no matter what you would do he would NEVER allow himself to talk to anybody other than Jacob or Toriel. It seems that not even the other monsters get to interact with him. he always gets so defensive, especially with Carla. 

It was getting tiring the many times you had to break those two from a fight. You never understood Flowey's relationship with Jacob, you once went up to him and asked him about it. But he instead just started insulting you and backing away. As if he didn't want to get close to you!

"Ugh... stop with these stupid questions already!" Flowey once groaned, avoiding eye contact, "Look, you're lucky that Jacob is gone for now, alright? I don't want to talk to YOU or HER or ANYBODY alright?! THAT KID JACOB!... just... w-well... gives me pity, okay?! NOT ANOTHER WORD! "

Then you understood everything, they both had a very friendly bond together. Which... was strange in some way? Jacob wanted to think of it as a 'flower friend!' and Flowey's intentions are unknown other than being all close to Jacob. You never minded it anyways, maybe it's just personal.

Another friendly relationship you manage to catch was Toriel's and Carla's. They always seemed to complement themselves perfectly as a mother and daughter bound. Carla would often help out with chores, and most likely read with her. she enjoyed her time with Toriel, and so did Jacob with Flowey... but what about you?

Even if you lived with your best friends, 

a kind motherly figure, 

and a few occasional monsters... 

you still felt lonely.  

You'd only had, most of the time, your notebook as a company. Always looking through its poems and stories, just to follow along with notes from what you could gather. As in a silent way, you dearly wished to leave this place and show the world its wonders! You could say that this all, of course, hurts to say. 

Toriel was only kind to you, and you didn't want to give the wrong idea but... you still had family up there. All of them, waiting for your arrival, maybe they even think you might be dead...! It was almost taboo to think or talk about the people up there, for the three of you combined. Jacob missed his high school classmates, Carla missed her aunt, and you missed your Mom and Dad. 

No, this is it, the three are going home. we had bothered ourselves into Toriel's house long enough. you decided to secretly plan a way to leave the ruins from the information gathered from the monsters at the ruins. The only way out was through the ruin's gates, downstairs from Toriel's house itself.