Part 10

Meanwhile with Papyrus... Right after you fell...

Papyrus looked down at where you had fallen in desperation. 

Hoping to hear or at last, see a glint of you. Something. Anything...

He just wanted to see you alive.

"Y/N?! Y/N CAN YOU HEAR ME?! PLEASE! Y/N, SAY SOMETHING!" Papyrus called, before hearing the heavy steps of Undyne approach him from behind. He'd turned around to face her, she had once again taken out her helmet to look at him. 

"You lied to me. There was a human after all..." 

"U-UNDYNE... YOU... WHY WOULD YOU..."

"No no no, why would YOU?!" She'd grabbed Papyrus from his scarf, looking at him with rage. "Don't you remember anything that we learned back when we were kids?! These humans are our one ticket out of this place and you're helping this one get their way out! Have you lost your goddamn mind?!"

"UNDYNE... IF YOU LET ME EXPLAIN I-"

"No! For the last time, get out of my way and let me capture them myself. What part of that don't you understand?!"

Papyrus went silent for a moment, hanging his head low as he looked down at where you had fallen—still hoping... that you were alright.

"Go home Papyrus." Undyne finally let his scarf go. Putting back her helmet and picking up her spear. She was about to strike with an army of spears towards your direction. "This is the last time I tell you this. Don't I have to remind you that I'm the only hope out of this place?- wait... Papyrus what are you-"

"Papyrus!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY SPEAR!"

The skeleton regained his energy, taking away her spear and sprinting down an alternative path and leaving Undyne to follow him. He had to make sure she was as far away from you as possible, one way or another. He won't let you die. He had promised you that.

He shall protect you.

Back to your current time... 

You were with Napstablook on the snail race. About to start right after the two of you talked to catch up on everything. Turns out that Carla was worried about you, she was looking for you everywhere she could back at the Ruins along with Toriel. Naptsablook also told you that Jacob insisted on waiting for your arrival, but the girl didn't want to have any of that. He also said that he catches a glimpse of the two humans scheming to make their way down the basement. But he had the feeling that nothing good would happen inside there. You'd asked about how Toriel was managing, he said she was okay but felt... upset for some reason. He also added about 'smelling' if he could, smoke coming to form the deep parts of the basement. 

You started speculating that maybe Toriel was the one who harmed Carla, but you perhaps thought that it couldn't be such. Carla is a tough one, besides the two had such a close bond to fight like that. You hoped that was the case...

But then to take away the dark side of it, to prevent the ghost from crying, you wanted to ask him about his residence. Turns out that Napstablook can easily pass through walls from the underground, you wanted to ask if he could do that with the barrier but decided to not question it. He'd also say that he lived in a small house inside a waterfall, as it is pretty peaceful to listen to the rivers and the echo flowers along the way. Hell, you even learned that he was great at music! You never got to hang out with him much, as he'd preferred to be alone and you just wanted to ask questions and go. It was a nice experience.