Part 15

After a lil chat with the tall skeleton about where the hell could Sans be, a very tired and forced-smiled cat came near the two's tables. Placing down each of your meals. You'd muttered a thanks, taking a fork as you'd cut the steak that looked... familiar. Hm, you wouldn't question it further. Food is food, just why was it so hard to cut? Actually, what the hell was it? A brick??? Then you'd took a look at Papyrus who was devouring his sandwitch.

You'd chuckled before taking a bit of the starfait with a smile. The skeleton cleaned his face and then started.

"SO, HUMAN!" Papyrus finally exclaimed. Huh. It was the first time he called you that. Eh, why would you mind. "I HEARD OF A TINY GAME SANS AND UNDYNE CAME UP WITH!"

"Oh really?" You'd gulped the starfait with a raised brow, "what is it about?"

"WELL," He'd continued, "I MAKE A QUESTION, YOU ANSWER IT. THEN YOUR TURN GOES, I ANSWER IT! SANS SAID IT WAS A FUN WAY TO GET TO 'KNOW EACHOTHER', AHEM... BUT OF COURSE, SOMEONE AS GREAT AS ME WILL NEVER BE DOUBTFUL AT KNOWING MY NAME! YOU SHOULD PROBABLY SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME! NYEHEHE!-"

"Huh" You'd hummed, "that actually doesn't sound bad. Alright, we could do that!"

"AWSOME! I'LL GO FIRST!"

And so the date continued with the two goofing around with different questions. Papyrus asked what clouds, seasons and 'new year' was (since for them apperently, it was just a scratch on the wall. And meanwhile you'd ask what types of monsters are, what was their magic abilities, what their souls looked like. It was much more interesting whenever Papyrus made examples with himself. Of cours,e you kept your mind out of the gutter and didn't ask him about certain... things. It's not like he wouldn't understand them, but rather sounded pretty innapropriate.

And minutes went by. Things became interesting with the two. The questions moved on from what monsters and humans were and more about eachother; their childhood moments, their friends, their family members, and all of that.

"SO... YOU MET THAT 'CARLA' AND 'JACOB' HUMANS BACK WHEN YOU WERE IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? AND EVER SINCE THE THREE OF YOU STICKED TOGETHER?"

"Eh, we could call it that. I got there not too far when Jacob was. The guy always seemed to stay around the football team, kinda clige really. I tried to maybe be friends with him since Mom and Dad were so fond of his Mom. And since we met more outside of school then school itself, Carla was barely the only one who spoke to me when I was at class. She was lucky I understood half of her language, coming from a Latin country must've been hard to adapt for some lil gilr like her. But gotta say, it's impressive what Carla is capable of. She can be a pain in the ass, but really was a nice gal."

"...WAS?" Papyrus  questioned, leaning foward a bit with worry. You sat there silently with a frown. You weren't even sure yourself if your friends survived, but decided to move on from the subject.

"... Y/N... DID SHE?-"

"Let's..." you'd sighed, calming your worry down a bit. THis was a good moment, no expresso depresso right now. Not infront of him. "...continue with the questions, can we?"

Papyrus simply nodded, clearing his throat and grabbing your hand for comfort. As if he understood you wanted to move on quickly, but making sure you were here for him. Or that was partially what he was trying to do.

The next question shocked you.

"Y/N... I G-GOT A QUESTION I HAD FOR YOU FOR A WHILE NOW. AND I EVEN TOLD SANS ABOUT IT AND SEEMED FINE WITH IT-... SO..."

"IF... WE GET OUT OF THIS PLACE, I-IF YOUR PLAN WORKS SOMEHOW AND GET TO THE SURFACE... WELL..."

 "...WOULD YOU LIVE WITH US?"