23

"How was your vacation, love?" tanong ni Abegail habang kumakain ng ice cream. We were at area 2, and it was my vacant.

"It was fun. Umuwi ako sa probinsya namin," I replied while sipping on my shake. "What about yours?"

"It was fun too. But a little bit lonely." She made a face. "We broke up."

"Kayo ni kuya Yanyan?" I looked at her, surprised. She sighed and nodded. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not, obviously," she responded and chuckled. "But I will be. We both wanted the break-up. We're good."

I smiled. Topics about break-ups made me felt scared. Now that I've experienced something like that.

"How about you and Bri? Going strong, huh?" She smirked.

Napatingin ako sa kaniya dahil sa sinabi niya. I couldn't talk right away. I pursed my lips and gave her a small smile.

We were trying. Second chances would never go back to where you first fell in love. It will become different. It's either you'll fall harder or you'll feel the opposite. And now, honestly, I don't know how I feel. I just... want to stay by his side.

I don't want to give up on him. I'm afraid to get hurt again. It's risky. I took the risk, and I will fight for this relationship. But I don't want to fight alone. If he wouldn't fight with me, I couldn't save us anymore.

And I hated myself for that thought. I hated myself for doubting his love for me. I hated it because I was afraid that my trust would slowly vanish, that it would totally break. And I just hated the thought of being lied on again. I was... paranoid.

"We're cool," I said it while the smile was still on my face.

"Glad to hear that," she replied and smirked. "I was worried na baka wala ka namang kasama sa UP Fair."

"Just be worried about yourself now," I teased. Parang dati lang ako ang inaasar niya tungkol dito, ah.