09

"You okay?" Taka akong tinaasan ng kilay ni Brian. Nandito na kami ngayon sa Shakey's. He snapped his finger in front of me to get my attention.

"What?" I blinked. "Anong sinasabi mo?"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "What were you thinking?"

"Wala," I cleared my throat. "Wala pa 'yung foods?"

"Obvious ba?" sarkastikong sagot niya at umirap. Ngumuso ako at uminom ng service water. I noticed Brian was staring at me so I looked at him while drinking water. The side of his lips rose. "Kinilig ka ba sa sinabi ko kanina?"

I almost choked. Umiling ako sa kaniya, "More like naguguluhan?"

"Naguguluhan?" He hissed. "It's so obvious that I like you."

"Huh?" Napakurap ako ng ilang beses. "Did you just confess?"

"Whatever you call it," He shrugged and raised his brows at me. "Parang hindi mo naman alam."

"Napakagulo mo lang kasi," I replied. "Para ka namang tanga mag-confess. Wala man lang katamis-tamis."

"You're too addicted to romantic movies," he said calmly. "Choosy ka pa."

"Okay but can't you say it nicely?" I rolled my eyes.

"I can," He chuckled. "What do you want to hear? That I always think of you every day that I can't get you out of my mind? And I always miss you when I haven't seen you for a few days and I always want to be with you? That I get jealous when some guy makes a move on you. What, huh?"

I couldn't speak. Nakatingin pa rin ako sa kaniya habang pino-process sa utak ko lahat ng sinabi niya. I looked away and bit the insides of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"I show my feelings through actions, Cassandra. I've done everything I couldn't do before because of you." He chuckled again. "Don't worry, no pressure. I won't ask you to like me back. Just let me like you."

Hindi ko na mapigilang mapangiti. Nilingon ko siya at nakatingin lang siya sa'kin. I rested my chin on my palm and stared at him.

Who wouldn't like him?!

"Did you mean that?" I asked, still smiling.

"Do you have trust issues or something?" He raised a brow. "I won't ask you to like me back but at least believe me."

Dumating na 'yung pagkain namin kaya naputol ang titig ko sa kaniya. Pinipigilan ko pa rin ang ngiti ko dahil ayokong mahalata niya. I looked outside when the waiter finished serving to avoid Brian's gaze.