5: Dumb feelings

Art cc: @_kiyukyuu_  on Twitter 💃

Sonny perspective:
I know Mari told me to not tell Alban but I can't help it.. what if I regret not telling. Better safe then sorry.
I thought as I headed to the same café as always. I sigh before opening the door and flipping the closed sign to open. I walk to the lockers room leaving my stuff and getting ready for another boring work day.
Tho I have work I think the only thing I thought about was how I should tell Alban without making it sound weird, or like I'm some obsessed weird stalker of his.

Soon enough the bell dinged telling me that a client has entered. I looked up and saw someone else. Not Alban. But with the same colour pattern.
"Petra?" I asked
"Sonny!! There you are!" She said as she ran over to me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked
"Please don't tell me you forgot about our invitation." She said putting her hands together like she was about to pray.
"Uh.. my bad?" I said unsure.
"Oh come on! Rosemi, me, Yugo, and a friend of mine are coming!" She said
"Oh I'll come too! When is it?" I asked
"Like in 3-4 hours." She answered
"Alright, now miss Gurin would you like something to drink or chew?" I asked

"Actually yes! I'll take the penguin doughnut!" She said
"Oki!" I answered grabbing a bag, and yeeting the doughnut inside.
"SONNY! be careful with my poor doughnut." She said dramatically.
"Yeah, yeah whatever shoo." I said trying to make her go away so I could continue my work.
She simply sticked her tongue out and left the café.
I hadn't seen her in a while!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Luca I'm going now! Yugo is picking me up!!" I yelled.
"Ok have fun!!!!!!!!" He yelled even louder.
I giggled and grabbed my bag before opening the door and heading out. I wasn't wearing anything special. I hope this isn't a fancy dinner or something.
I got in the car looking at how Yugo was dressed almost immediately. I sighed as I saw his ripped jeans.
"Where are we going exactly?" I asked
"Hello to you too!" He said as he started the car.
"Ok but for real, is it like a fancy restaurant or like I don't know a freaking luxury beach motel." I asked
"Sonny. We're going to the cinema please." Yugo said bursting out laughing at my face.

"Man! I was genuinely worried.." I said
"Why.. why.. why were.. you so worried!" Yugo said between laughs.
"Shut up and focus on the driving before you crash!"  I said.
"Yessir!" He obeyed.
Soon we reached our destination, I jumped out of the car and saw Petra, Rosemi and Alban?
I sighed, I can't believe I'm doing this. Praying for myself right now.

"So this is the special guest I was talking about!" Petra said with excitement.
"Alban, yeah he got added to our group chat yesterday." I said
"You forgot to add that we have been friends for four hundred years." He said
"Wow." I said
"Well that's great?" Petra said.

"Guys shut up the movie starts soon! Lets go for duck sakes." Yugo said
"Right." Rosemi said.
We ran inside. And eventually reached the counter.
"Hello, tickets? And snacks perhaps!" The lady with white hair said as she winked at Petra.
"Reimu! Lol!" Petra said.
"I'll take both!" She said giving the lady her card.
"You know the code." Petra said
"Right."

"Who was that?" I asked as we walked to our room.
"Reimu! A friend of mine." She said
"She's in the group chat!" Rosemi added.
"How come I never spoke to her?!" I asked.
"She doesn't like you Aussies" Petra said joking.
I rolled my eyes and we kept walking.
We eventually got to the room and we sat down.
I sat in the middle between Petra and Alban.

"Is it a horror movie?!" Alban asked terrified.
"No silly! It's a romance!" Rosemi said
"Oh." I said making everyone look at me with this huge question mark.
"OH NICE!" I said loudly making everyone at the room stare at me in disappointment. Oops..

Half way into the movie Alban started to call out for me.
"Sonny!" He said
"Mhm?" I whispered back.
"Can you come with me to the toilet. I don't know where it is since I'm quite new to town and all.." he whispered slightly flustered at the fact that he wanted me to come with him to the bathroom.
"Even tho you make it sound weird, yeah I will." I whispered back.

After hearing this, he grabbed my wrist and we sneaked out. He started giggling once we were out.
"What's so funny!!" I asked
"Didn't you see their faces?" He asked still giggling a little.
"Oh!" I said starting to laugh slightly.
"Ok follow me Alban!" I yelled as I started to run.
"Hey!! That's not fair! You're faster and you have longer legs! And you're taller!!" He yelled before starting to run behind me. I chuckled looking at him run. We eventually reached the bathrooms and he started to playfully punch me.

"My apologies, did I make his majesty sad~?" I asked
"Yes you did!" He said but quickly shrugged it off and left for one of the bathroom stalls. I waited for him and when he was done doing his business he came out.
"Let's go!" He said
"Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked
"What?"
"Wash your hands." I said
"Ugh, fine. Man I didn't even touch it!" He said
"I don't care just wash them dummy." I replied
"Bla bla bla." He said teasing.

I rolled my eyes and started heading out.
"Hello! Wait up!" He said drying his hands.
I was slightly ahead of him which made him start running towards me. He wasn't able to stop in time and we both fell. Him on top of me.
"Shit! I'm so sorry so-." He started but quickly stopped.
We made eye contact and things got really tense.
The atmosphere was heavy and we were just looking at eachother.
He started leaning in but I simply said:
"I! the movie!!" I yelled really loudly making him alert.
"Oh right! Thanks for reminding me!" He said getting up and helping me up too.

The walk back to the cinema room was hella awkward. We were both flustered. And I swear he was about to kiss me when we fell. I tried to shrug it off. We're supposed to be having fun with our friends, specially today! Petra planned this. But seriously all I can think about is that moment. Where we almost kissed.

I have so many questions.

Does he like me?

Do I like him?

Will I get rejected if I try?