Almost Friends

Every step I take towards my first class this year is riddled with anxiety. I have one friend and she's not going to be in any of my classes this year and I have never been good at making friends. I take an empty seat in the back corner of the room.

"Stark!" I hear someone calling from across the room. I whip my head around to face them and my eyes lock with Peter. He flashes a sunshiny smile "come sit with us"

I awkwardly walk over and sit down the the desk next to him, I feel like I should say something "Hey Parker"
Peter gestures to the boy next to him "this is Ned". I wave politely

"It's cool how you have the same last name as Tony Stark" Ned says to me
"Totally" I responds
Ned looks at Peter and back at me "you know Peter here is Mr. Starks intern"

I raise my eyebrows in amusement and the corner of my mouth twitches up into a smile "Is that so?" I glance at Peter and notice his cheeks have gone a reddish shade of pink, I wonder if he's embarrassed. I wonder if Ned knows he's Spider-Man.
"Ned" Peter says in a hushed to "she knows"
"She knows?" Ned whisper shouts back
"She's Mr. Starks daughter" Peter whispers
"She's Mr. Starks daughter?" Ned says not so quietly. Fortunately no one's listening. "It must have been so cool to grow up with Mr. Stark"
I shrug "I wouldn't know"
"Oh. Sorry" Ned mumbles awkwardly

I face the front and for the rest of class we remain silent
At lunch I sit with Peter and Ned; although I like them I miss y/b/f/n. Peter Ned and I talk about all kinds of things from whether pineapple belongs on pizza, to my suit for helping Peter.

"Hey Pathetic Parker" we hear a voice sneer from behind me ((yes I changed they nickname)).

Peter quietly sighs and gets redder than his suit. I turn around and the boy gives me a fleeting smile before resting his hand on my shoulder "Hey sweetheart I'm Flash" I audibly gag and shrug his hand off my shoulder "is it the cafeteria food?" he says beginning to touch my hair "because I get you something better to eat tomorrow, if you stop hanging out with these losers"
I can't take it anymore and punch him in the face. He falls backwards shocked "I'm not your sweetheart I don't want your food and I hate being touched"

After a moment I realized I completely lashed out and get embarrassed. I turn to Peter and he nods approvingly. "He deserved that" he says taking a sip of his almost definitely expired milk
"Y/n Stark!" I hear a teacher yell from across the room
"Uh oh" I murmur