Homecoming

(I do not own the rights to this chapter. Ms.Julie Plec does)
*Jumps to next scene*
*Natalias POV*
I watched as Stefan called Nik starting to feel so much doubt and guilt for my brother-in-law. I listened in on their conversation.
Klaus: "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over All the whiny music and healthy looking people, it's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."
Stefan: "Your father is dead."
Klaus: "What did you say to me?"
Stefan: "Oh. My mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"
Klaus: "Well first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."
*One hour earlier, Salvatore Boarding House*
"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan suggested.
"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked all snarky.
"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." Damon replied to Elena with a 'duh' face.
"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan continued.
"Which he planned to use on either Natalia or Rebekah,but instead..." Elena trailed off.
"We drove it through his heart." Stefan exclaimed.
"And what happens when he asks to Mikaels body?" Nat asked.
"Good point Nat! You my brother have been compelled to do whatever Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied." Damon replied.
"We'll don't look at me. I am just in charge getting him back here." Stefan shrugged.
"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." Elena pointed out.
"Then I shall be dead." Mikael said finally coming into the conversation.
"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked Mikael.
"Well then that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael responded.
"With what? Those daggers don't work on him." Stefan stated.
"We'll I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood that of the ancient White Oak Tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael revealed.
"Where is it?" Natalia asked.
Mikael dips the dagger in the ashes of the White Oak Tree.

"Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." Mikael told her.
"Against what?" Nat asked again.
"You leaving this in my heart. You see a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So...it falls to you." Mikael stated turning to Elena handing her the dagger.

"Y...you want me to actually dagger you?" Elena stuttered.
"Klaus will leave nothing to chance- especially when it comes to trust." Mikael said.
*Back to present time, where Stefan is on the phone with Klaus in Portland.*
Klaus: "I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself. "
Stefan: Well, he is here. Come by whenever.
Klaus: "If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"
*Short flashback to Elena driving the dagger into Mikeal's heart*
Stefan: It's true. I saw it with my own eyes.
Klaus: "I want to talk to my sisters."
Stefan: "That's not a problem. They're right here."
Stefan hands the phone to Rebekah and I.

Both: "Hello Nik!"
Klaus: "Sisters. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with a dagger?"
Rebekah: "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you! I'm miserable here."
Natalia: "I miss you too Nik! Hurry home!
Klaus: "I'll be home soon."
Natalia: "Good. I'll see you soon Brother." I reply back before hanging up the phone.
"He bought it. He's coming home." Rebekah told them.
"Now- was that easy or what?" Damon asked excitedly.
"Let's get this over with." Elena said rolling her eyes as she pulled the dagger out of Mikae's chest.