Ch. 3 | Guests

Cars pulled up to the grand victorian mansion, they being greeted by the familiar masked servants you found in the dining room. A pale woman with nearly white hair cut into a long bob shook hands with each guest as they filed in through the grand front doors.

Her face was weathered with wrinkles, smile lines especially, and her blue eyes were dull and tired. Peeking from a window further down the main hall you observed these interactions. The guests themselves matched the victorian theme of the mansion, romantic gothic seemed to be the theme.

For what though?

You were dressed in your pajamas, there was no way you could simply cross the front yard without being seen and questioned. Although bitter about it, you decided to wait for the people to clear out.

A random person clad in pajamas saying 'oops I don't know how I got here, im a sleepwalker sorry' didn't sound like a good enough alibi to you.

Whispers erupted and heads turned as a sleek black limo pulled into the cul-de-sac styled driveway. The windows were completely blacked out, and without any communication, people cleared a passage from the back passenger seat of the car to the front door.

"Papa!"

The pale woman walked forward, arms stretched wide as the limo door swung open. And the sound of an oxygen mask hissed.

"Ah! Sister." Smiled a deathly white man. He embraced 'sister' fondly.

He wore papal like robes, adorned with gold piping and intricate designs spanning the entire garment. In the middle, framed by all the gold detailing, was an upside down cross seemingly drawn with a G through its head. Ghastly white skin, eyes, and hair were what remained visible from his large hat, bearing the same symbol as his robes.

His face sagged, obviously having been weathered by age and stress. White face paint was smeared across his face with black lines vertically intersecting his lips, they scrunched slightly as he smiled up at Sister.

His bony white knuckles, adorned with garishly large and luxurious gold rings, grasped at his oxygen mask and as he entered the house through the path other guests had cleared for him.

"You look wonderful Papa, but I must ask where are your sons I'd assumed they would accompany you?" Sister inquired.

《◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇》

Their voices began to muffle as they walked away from you. Your curiosity not yet satiated, you sighed.

"Ah- ehm, Hello!"

You quickly turn around to see a strange sight.

Doning a red cossak and matching cardinal like robe, an awkward and visibly uncomfortable man beckoned to you. He had black pigment, what you assumed to be face paint, surrounding his eyes and lining his upper lip. Freshly trimmed sideburns lined his jawline, with a thin mustache accentuating his mismatched lips. But, what gave you pause was his eyes. One a dusky green, the other completely whited out.

You had been caught.
《♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧》

We STAN cardinal copia in this house <3
-REX☆