Ch. 7 | Don't Look

You turn to face the source of the loud disturbance, only being able to catch a glimpse of a servant's black uniform. Suddenly, a pair of white gloved hands clamp themselves firmly over your eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

You felt their voice reverberate through you as they shouted at the intruder. They pulled your body back against theirs, blind and disoriented you stumbled back into them. One sense down, all you could do was observe.

"AND WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR MASK?"

"Not important right now Papa. Dewdrop got into it with one of the brothers and he is beating the shit out of him."

The stranger stopped to take a breath.

"He is completely feral right now and we need help."

"Porca miseria..." You heard a new, deeper voice grunt from behind you.

Various shouts of orders rang out and although you couldn't see, you could tell the brothers were frantic.

A scream was rang out from down the hall, shutting them up and stopping them im their tracks. There is a second of hesitation before you hear a flurry of footsteps rush out the door.

Including the person holding your eyes shut.

Blinking your eyes open to adjust to the light, you see Terzo with his back to you getting ready to run towards the scream.

"Wait!"

He looks back to you, grumbling a small 'cazzo', before grabbing you by the wrist and dragging you along with him.

If it was up to him, he'd had locked you in that office until they had Dewdrop under control but Rain had ruined that plan. There was no way that door would've closed, no less held.

But doesn't mean there wasn't other options to keep you safe.

"Dannazione." Terzo grumbled.

As much as he didn't want to babysit you he knew it would be quicker to simply drag you along with him to the commotion. He was confident in his ability to get his own ghoul under control.

'They'll be fine' Terzo assured himself.
《♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧》

After a brief run you began to recognize the art on the walls realizing you'd arrived at the dining room. Terzo still held a grip on your wrist, a bit too tight now you tried to pull your hand away but he wouldn't budge. Terzo seemed frozen in place, stood in the dining room doorway his eyes stared foward into the dining room. His body blocking your view of the commotion you debate squeezing your way past him.

You should've thought it through, you should've turned around, closed your eyes, something, anything else.

But you didn't.

You maneuver around Terzo's slim frame to peek out from behind him into the dining room.

You wish you hadn't.
《◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇》

Blood, so much blood.

Red and black liquid splattered across the formerlly white table cloth, plates, food, and cutlery strew about the room. The mess similar to that a tornado would cause.

Atop the garishly large dining table lay a heavy set man in a robe similar to Copia's, only black rather than red. Blood coated it, saturating it in a maroon undertone, the torn bits of his garment revealing deep claw marks and large bite marks, as if a massive animal had taken a bite out of him.

Standing above the man was a servant you'd seen earlier, now covered in blood you recognized his small stature and long limbs. From the angle you and Terzo were at you couldn't get a good look at his face, but you could tell his reflective mask wasn't on, only being able to see a bit of his side profile.

His side profile...

Holy shit, his face.

His skin was grey like ash, deep lacerations oozing black liquid saturated his own uniform spreading out from the tears in his uniform likely caused by some kind of knife.

His face though.

That was certainly not human.

You could see sharp canine teeth dripping with red blood, it gathering to a point at his chin to drip down his neck and furthermore, his body. His jaw slacked open from his heavy breathing, you could see bits of flesh caught between his fangs. He flexed out long blacks claws which dripped blood, flesh caught on them like in his teeth. The whites of his eyes were rather a void black, his scalera a copper yellow, and pupils reduced to thin cat like slits.

He was shaking in rage.

Your attention is pulled away from the creature after hearing the man on the table let out a gurgled cough he sputtered up blood, passing out soon after. You panicked briefly, but upon seeing the slow yet steady rise and fall of the man's chest you let out a small sigh of relief. You raised your eyes back up to the creature only to be met with his own copper ones.

You didn't realize what he was doing until suddenly the creature atop the man pounced. You'd barely registered it at first, he was so fast, and it wasn't until a blur of black settled before you and Terzo that you realized his focus had shifted.

He wanted you.

With Terzo still in front of you, the creature crouched down, his long spaded tail flickering aggressively behind him, like a cat's. Fangs bared and pupils barely visible, he screeched.

At the creature's high pitch screech Terzo was brought back to reality no longer frozen.

"GET BACK, NOW!" Terzo pushed his hand behind towards you, ushering you back.

After taking a few steps back from the scene Terzo tackles the creature, holding its bloodied face in a headlock as his brothers and other servants rush to help hold him down. Even with so much man power, they struggled to contain the creature as it snapped, growled, and screeched the whole while. At last the the oldest man joins the scene, finally carrying something other than his oxygen mask.

It's another silver mask, the one's the other servants wear.

The closer he got to the creature the more wildly and frantically he thrashed about. When he was about 4 steps from him the creature turned craned his neck to look at you once more. Narrowing his eyes, he stopped struggling against his assailants, focusing on you.

Your breath caught in your throat as you watched his eyes turn a deep red.

Nausea consumed you as you doubled over, breaking eye contact with him.

Knees weak, you crumpled to the ground.

Your head felt like it would explode as an intense pain engulfed it.

The walls seemed to close in and the room turn black, everything hurt. Everything was too much.

You couldn't respond to the shouts, the people calling out to you, or the person cradling your now limp body.

But just before you went out, you could just barely make out an image:

Copper eyes.

《☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆》

poor y/n, shit man :(

-REX★