EPISODE 1. {PT 1} Sporadically Thinking

I don't know what I'm trying to do

I really don't.

I think I'm trying to be someone I'm not.

A fake.

A  fraud.

A misery driven sadist.

At least when I'm with her.

Her.

A creature of beauty whom I will do anything to protect.

So why am I miserable?

Am I?

I think...I think I'm miserable being someone I'm not. At least around her. Though how can I possibly be myself? Then she'll be miserable.

I don't want that. That's the last thing I want.

"Core?" A voice calls out. "Hey you okay?"

I hesitantly drag my eyes up to the figure in front of me and find myself smiling.

"Yeah, of course." I respond. "I'm sorry I think I'm a little out of it this morning. How are you?"

Delilah grins and hesitates before answering.

"I'm well. You?"

"I'm doing alright." I hold out a hand and patiently wait for her to come over to me. "Join me on the couch." She grasps my hand lightly and sits herself comfortably on my lap before resting her head in the crook of my neck.

She lets out a small sigh. "We don't have much time left you know."

Oh right. The sorrowful sunder of us going back to college. The separation that lasts us months too long and miles too far. Everything I fucking despise and find absolutely disgusting.

"Yeah, I know." I play with her hair lightly as I look out the window, the sun blazing in all her glory. "31 days."

"It'll fly by before we know it."

She's beyond right and I don't know what I'm going to do when it does. Last year was horrible without her. Every year is horrible without her and it truly makes me wonder.

If only I was good enough to get into Boston like her.

The plan was for both of us to get into Boston University and to thrive in a place we were hoping to call our own. But only she got in, and who am I to stop her from following her dreams?