EPISODE 1. {PT 2} Listening Doesn't Come Easy

"You aren't listening! I mean put 2 and 2 together!" I angrily yell into the mic

"You aren't listening! I mean put 2 and 2 together!" I angrily yell into the mic. "You flank left, I flank right!"

Why is it that everyone I play with is incompetent? Lacking upon lacking is simply all I am aware of all of a sudden.

I hear a mumble come from behind me and I quickly move my headphones to the side. A pretty smile greets me warmly.

"Wow aren't you expressive today?" Valerie laughs, arms open wide for a hug.

"Ugh sorry," I chuckle, taking my headphones completely off to meet her into the hug. "People are being stupid today."

"Oh I can imagine. I heard you from the kitchen. Your mom and I got a little worried for a second."

I snort and release her from my arms before shutting my entire PC off. It's for the better anyway. If everyone's so incompetent, I may as well go to the only person who isn't.

"Uhm so how was your day?" I ask, cleaning up my area.

"It was pretty alright. I'm gettin' a lil bloomy thinking about school right now." She sits on my bed and watches me intently.

"31 days," I sigh. "But hey, at least we go through it all together. My senior year and your sophomore."

"Yeah but what am I gonna do once you graduate? Deal with 2 more fucking years without you on campus."

A relentless mind she has.

"Well," I sit next to her and plant a kiss on her lips. "You won't be living on campus anymore because I'm going to have an apartment right by U of M and you will get to come home to me, every day."

A shy smile forms on her lips and I know she's thinking happily of it, it's just that her reassurance levels aren't all too high.

"Do you really want to live in Michigan though? I mean it's thousands of miles away from Queensland and you know Michigan doesn't have the best jobs, or at least not for your major."

"I mean I'm gonna have to. Im going to grad school Val. I'll be on campus just not...your campus, that's all." I try and reassure. "Plus, there's tons of jobs I already have offers for once I graduate for Civil Engineering. I already have connections to be a water source engineer the moment I graduate." She looks rather doubtful. "And you know...I can make you some connections."

She snorts and shakes her head. "Our majors don't interlock at all?"

"I have my ways." I smile, shrugging my shoulders.

She sighs as she places her head on my shoulder. "Y'know I really hate our age difference."

"I know I know." I bite my cheek. I'm aware it's not a big difference, but it's still a difference that affects us, especially at the ages we're at now.

"You're going to be actually living 'adult' life while I'm stuck in another lecture. I hate to be a debby downer but god it's all hitting too quickly."

"Hey I'll be in several lectures too. I still have years of school I have to do. I know it's hitting hard now, but I promise you, once this quarter of our life ends, we are going to be so happy." Reading Val's face hurts. An upset girl stuck in a smiling figure. "Hon I-"