EPISODE 2. {PT 2} Shards of Glass

A part of me is worried

A part of me is worried. I mean extremely worried. Valerie clearly isn't okay and we are both aware of that. I guess it just goes down to the matter of fact that we both don't know what to do about it.

I keep myself busy, watching the yolk splatter onto the hot frying pan and slowly turning itself into a solid as Valerie pours us coffee.

It's been silent between us for a while now. We didn't even have much of a conversation last night in bed. All we did was cuddle until we fell asleep. Which is something I love, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't normal.

"Is it a black day or a 2 cream and one sugar day?" She asks softly, causing me to look over my shoulder.

"2 cream and one sugar please." I return my eyes back to the pan in front of me.

It's a black day. But I'm not gonna say that it is simply because I know she'll think it's tougher day today. I don't want her to think it's her fault or anything.

She places the mug on the counter next to me. "Here you go."

"Thank you." She props herself up onto the counter and sits patiently, sipping on her coffee.

I continue on cooking, the record player playing music I couldn't possible pronounce, and even taking glances at the beauty next to me. Yet still, I'm uneasy.

Very uneasy.

"So what are the plans for today?" Valerie questions.

"I'm not sure. What do you want to do?"

"Anything you want to do."

I chuckle. "This is always the problem. We can never figure it out can we?"

"Well if you just made a decision," she sips loudly as with the intent of a comedic effect. "There wouldn't be much of a problem now would there?"

I gently slide the scrambled eggs onto a plate and turn off the stove. "You're something, aren't you?" She gives me a bright smile, causing me to laugh. "Alright let's...head to barnes and noble but not before stopping by target to get some snacks. Then tonight, we can hit a club or two."

She squeals as she gets off the counter. "Oh you know me too well!"

 "Oh you know me too well!"