EPISODE 1. {FINAL PART} Loophole

ORION STANSTON

ORION STANSTON

"How do you think she's holding up?" I hold the phone to my ear with my shoulder whilst I put the dishes away. "I mean she was pretty shaky about it."

"Yeah. I'm scared to check up on her." Valerie's voice is calmer than what she says, keeping me somewhat sane. "I mean should I even?"

I hum. "I don't know. You wouldn't wanna call her when she's mid conversation. I say we wait for her to call us. I'm sure she'll have a shit ton to say."

"I guess. Ugh, I'm so eager to know though! How long have they been on the...god I wouldn't call it a date. Uhm, the meet up?"

I check my Apple Watch. "Like half an hour."

She groans again and it almost sounds like she's flopped onto her bed. "I'm too invested in relationships that aren't mine."

I chuckle. "Don't worry, so am I. We can be invested together."

Her giggle has my lips stretching ear to ear. It's truly the best thing in the world. Like. Wow.

She sighs but I could tell she was smiling. "Uh, talking about our relationship."

"Oh?" My lips form back to its normal state and almost frowns.

"No, it's nothing bad Rion." She laughs.

"Oh okay. Phew. Okay. Yeah, what do you want to talk about?" I turn off my kitchen lights and begin heading to my room.

"Mm. How do you think we're doing?"

I scrunch my eyebrows. "What do you mean by that?"

"Like do you like where we are? Is anything upsetting you?"

I kick off my slippers and sit down on my bed. "No, nothing is upsetting me." I chuckle. " I love where we are and it's been quite a while since we've been as good as we are."

We haven't always been okay together. The past 2 years have been...rocky. A lot of happy moments. A lot of mad moments. A lot of silent moments. Though I think we needed to go through that. We had to learn so much about each other and doing so, we had to accept the good and the bad.

"Is something upsetting you Valerie? Is this why you are bringing this up?"

"No. No. I-I just felt like maybe it was something I should ask. Just to make sure we're on the same page y'know?"