{𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖}𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕛𝕦𝕝𝕪

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ'ꜱ ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴡᴇʟʟ...

     𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 Fisher loved holidays. She'd always say her favorite was Christmas or Fourth of July. But she knew her top first very favorite holiday was just fourth of July with Christmas coming in second. She really only saw it as a day of fireworks, family, friends, and the beach, which she loved and adored with all her heart. 

As much as she had a rocky relationship with her father, Adam Fisher, he was usually okay to her while in front of people. Sometimes, she thought it'd be for the better if he skipped a Fourth of July, but she knew her twin brother loved when their dad came to visit Cousins and she just wanted everyone else to be happy. There was plenty to do on Forth of Jul that didn't involve Adam.

Flora awoke to sun shining in her face and the smell of breakfast wafting upstairs to faint voices of her family down in the kitchen. She smiled and stretched out, sighing, rubbing the lingering sleep from her eyes. She stood up, slipping on a simple t-shirt and shorts. Flora waltzed downstairs and into the kitchen where everyone else was awake and eating breakfast.

"She lives!" Steven exclaimed, seeing Flora walk into the kitchen. "Morning, Bed-head." He greeted, earning a grin and shove from his friend. 
"Morning, everyone!" She said, cheerily. Belly smiled and Flora happily and the directed her attention back at her mom.
"So wait, Dad and his new girlfriend Victoria are staying here?"
"Yes, and I want you to make up the guest bed for them." Laurel stated.
"In the room next to mine!?" Belly groaned, setting her head down on the table and bumping it a few times in complaint.

"Speaking of dad's, yours called. He's closing a deal so, he can't come." Susannah said sympathetically. Flora's face dropped slightly but she didn't feel much sorrow. Her twins face dropped, and he frowned at the news. Flora felt guilty at her twin brother's reaction, seeing he was disappointed. 
"Dad's not coming?" Conrad said, walking in the kitchen unbothered. Mood lol Flora thought to herself giving a small chuckle inside her mind.

"Man, but I got some serious fireworks planned out." Jere sighed, disappointed. Flora felt bad knowing her brother was upset their dad couldn't come. She was slightly sad as well, wishing her dad would show up more often for the family. But she also didn't want to deal with any bullshit he might bring up. She wished any time spent with her dad cold be the good side of him.

"We can take a video..?" Flora suggested, shyly. 
"It's not the same." Jere sighed. Flora nodded, frowning at the sad vibe that entered the atmosphere of the kitchen. She looked up to see her oldest brother fighting a grin that was etching upon his face. She then, wanted to smile as well.

"What are you smiling about over there?" Jere asked, a smile cracking his lips.
"No reason." Conrad smiled. He made eye contact with his sister, knowing she felt a sense of relief as well. He'd heard some of the fights she'd had with their dad and even though he didn't know the extent of the whole story, one of the reasons he resented his father was for the way he'd treated Flora. There were many other reasons. On the good days of Adam Fisher, was when it was hard to remember all the reasons of resent or bad relationship issues with their dad. They'd just hope maybe there'd be more good than bad.

Belly was upstairs making the bed as neatly as possible. She flipped the white sheet and let the thin white layer flutter down.
"You gotta fold the bottom sheet at a 45-degree angle if you want tight corners." It was Conrad, who stood in the door frame, leaning against the wall. Belly's heart fluttered slightly but quickly died down when a thought of a certain Fisher girl entered her mind. Belly shook it off and began attempting to fold the sheets correctly to which Conrad chuckled and objected the terrible folding. 

Belly sighed and laughed. Conrad kneeled down and helped Belly fold and make the bed, perfectly. As the two made the bed, laughing and smiling with each other, Belly wondered if this would it'd be like, Conrad and her. Together. But something stirred in the pits of her feelings. It didn't feel as right as she thought it would, as she expected. And she wondered why in the world, every time she thought of love, or thought of Cam or Conrad, a thought of a pretty light brown haired Fisher sister came into mind and disrupted her thoughts. Well, Belly and Flora were both having some ideas of what feelings were arousing. But they still were scared, confused, and hadn't come to terms.

"Flora taught you this, right?" Belly asked, referring to the neat tight corner bed making.
"Yep. She loved the fancy way hotels made their beds and it's become a habit for us both." Conrad smiled. The two discussed Belly's dad and new girlfriend Victoria, Conrad of course, making a sex joke. 
"What if she's like a really nice person?" Conrad chuckled.
"Yes but hear me out. What if she's a bitch?" Belly laughed. "Sorry your dad's not coming." She said, nicely.
"Don't be. I'm not." Conrad said, unbothered, reassuring. The two darted their eyes to the door to see Flora who'd come upstairs.
"Hey, Belly's dad and Victoria are here apparently." Flora stated. Conrad's eyes playfully widened, and he looked between Belly and Flory.
"The bitch is here." He jokingly whispered. Flora chuckled and rolled her eyes with Belly and the three trotted downstairs.

"She's hot." Jere stated, peering out the window. All the teens stood behind the door watching their mothers greet Mr. Conklin and his new girlfriend. Flora had always liked Mr. Conklin and wished her dad could be more like him. 
"Dude." Steven hissed in objection to Jere's comment.
"I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking!" Jere defended. 
"No one was thinking that!" Conrad hissed.
"I was." Flora stated, unbothered. 
"Flory!" Belly exclaimed, elbowing her best friend who laughed. 
"It's a joke!" 
"You know that could be their future step-mom." Conrad pointed out, giving a joking smile.
"Dude!" Steven groaned, pushing Conrad. The two started a playful tussle only for it to be broken up by the parents entering inside the house.

The Fisher sibling scattered, letting the Conklins greet eachother and letting them meet Victoria. Later, Flora sat by the pool, changed into a cute blue top with white outlines. Her hair was pulled back into a white flower claw clip and she was wearing a new pair of jean shorts, her nails still painted a chipped red. She was dressed slightly up for the fourth, some old black sunglasses she rarely wore, perched atop her head, replacing her usual favorite aviators. She and her twin chatted with Victoria about various music artist. It was then, Flora decided she liked Victoria enough.

"You listen to Sza?" Victoria asked the twins.
"I'm kinda offended you felt the need to ask that." The twins replied at the same time.

Later, in the kitchen, Victoria was whipping up a pomegranate margarita and explaining the story behind the recipe, which was all about her vacation to a desert town and finding the drink and getting the recipe from the bar tender.  

"Can we have a sip?" Belly asked.
"Are your parents cool with that?" Victoria asked.
"Yeah." Belly lied, coolly. 
"Then sure!" She responded, taking a few of the red drinks out to the adults.

"Wow. It's just like a slurpee!" Flora sighed in delight, sipping the alcoholic drink. That's when an idea sprung into Belly's mind.
"I have an idea!" 

Flora smiled at her excitement and her eyes drifted to the blender on the top shelf. The Forbidden blender, restricted after the incidents of the great Kool-Aid debacle. Flora grinned and she and Belly spung up. The best plan in mind.

A/N: sry this was kinda boring but i pinky promise the next ones will be better!

𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧-𝙍𝙚𝙭 𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙮