{𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟}𝕃𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇʙᴜᴛᴀɴᴛ ʙᴀʟʟ...

     𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 up to the sound of her mother entering her room and sunlight shining in her face as Susannah flung open the curtains to her window like she always did when she was waking up her daughter. Susannah had always said that everyone should wake up to sunshine or light to help positive energy. She walked over to Flory who was rubbing the remaining sleep out of her eyes.

"Good morning, Flory." Susannah smiled, sitting on Flory's bed who was now awake and sitting up.

"Morning." Flory yawned. She suddenly sat up straighter, remembering the Deb ball was that night. "Am I late?" Flory asked frantically. Susannah chuckled and put a hand on Flory's shoulder, calming her daughter.

"No, you're not late." She smiled, Flora's tenseness relaxed, and she sighed in relief. "Are you excited for your big night?" Susannah asked.

"A little nervous, but kind of excited." She responded. And kind of crushed that the love of my life is going with my own brother and is in love with him- she thought to herself. 

"Is something wrong?" Susannah asked. "You know, we don't have to do this, we don't even have to go tonight!" She spoke. 

"No, mom, really. I'm okay, just feeling a little nervous, I mean what if I fall? O-or mess up, you know?" Flory explained. 

"Steven won't let you fall, honey. And I know you can do this, just remember to have fun too." Susannah smiled. She cupped her daughter's face in her hand, feeling an overwhelming sense of emotion. "I'm proud of the woman you're becoming. I love you so much, my beautiful girl." said Susannah, her voice crackling at the end with emotion. 

"Thanks, momma. I love you too." Flory smiled, her eyes feeling like they were about to well up with tears. 

"Oh look at me! I'm a mess!" Susannah laughed, tearily. "Okay, come one downstairs when you're ready." She smiled. Flory nodded and watched her mother walk out of the room. She happiness dimmed when she noticed something again. Over the summer, Flora had noticed her mom's strange behavior. She was much more tired, slept more, exhausted more, looking beautiful as ever but still a little sick. She'd been acting as if she was coping with pain (that being mostly smoking pot). She'd also been very nostalgic, almost emotional. Flora didn't care if her mom was just appreciating life and expressing her love, but she also felt something off, and she just couldn't put her finger on it.

----///----

Flora got dressed in a regular outfit and practically skipped down the stairs. She was nervous, but truly excited.
 As much as it hurt to see Belly and Conrad going together, she reminded herself that just like she couldn't deny her feelings for Belly, Belly couldn't deny her feelings for Conrad.