{ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖}𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕫𝕚𝕟𝕘

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟᴛᴢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇʙ ʙᴀʟʟ...

     𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 in the middle of the ball room of the country club. She was dressed in a simple white button up shirt and black slacks along with simple heels. She tucked her phone into her back pocket and sighed.

Across the room, Belly caught her eyes who was also standing alone, looking a bit awkward as debs and their escorts danced along together, practicing the waltz.

"Hey, c'mon let's dance." Flora spoke, grabbing Belly's hand who grinned and got in formation for practicing the waltz. "I uh, thought you were gonna ask Cam?" Flora spoke, placing a gentle hand on Belly's shoulder and shivering slightly as the butterflies ran down her skin at the touch of Belly's hand resting gently on her waist.

"Well, I was. But I think five margarita's ruined that plan." Belly chuckled.

"I counted six." Flora teased, making Belly laugh with a slight grimace.

"I hope I didn't mess anything up between Steven and Shayla." Belly groaned.

"Well, it's a little awkward between them but I think they'll be okay." Flora smiled, her eyeline on the couple waltzing together. "So, when do you plan to ask Cam?" she asked.

"Oh, I dunno. Probably eventually..." Belly trailed off.

"C'mon, Bells. What's up? Why are you hesitant about Cam Cameron?" Flora asked.

"Conrad I guess." Belly replied, being half honest. It truly was about Conrad but she didn't mention that it was also about Flory. The girl she'd been feeling different feelings toward. Meanwhile, Flory's heart sank a bit. She felt stupid to ever think Belly could like her more than friends, but also a bit disappointed seeing as she was sure there were more than enough signs pointing to Belly sharing her feelings.

"Oh. Well, what about him? You can tell me." Flora said, putting on a smile that felt heavy.

"Well, after we both finished the movie by the pool and you went upstairs to bed, I talked with Conrad in the kitchen. It felt intense, like more than friends intense and I think we might have almost kissed. It's like he's giving me mixed signals and the whole time, I'm still wondering if I even have feelings for him. I might, but I've waited so long for him." Belly ranted.

"I'm sorry, Bells. My brother can act like such a dick sometimes but I promise he's a good person." Flory sighed.

"I know. Thanks Flory." Belly smiled.