Two.

|Next Topic|May 25th 2016

|Next Topic|
May 25th 2016

"Why don't you smoke?" I asked, taking a drag of my backwood.

He chuckled.

"I like to make money, not smoke it."

I nodded. "What do you do to relax?"

"What you mean?" He questioned, rubbing my thigh. It began a habit of his, wether I was driving or he drove.

Physical touch is my love language.

It was the simple things like that he did, that made me feel like he was always reading my mind.

I tapped the blunt against the window, knocking the ash off.

"Like after a long ass, stressful day, what do you do to unwind?"

"Now or?"

"What's the difference between now and before?" I stopped at the light and put my blunt out.

"You."

I looked at him and he was in his phone. He said it so nonchalantly, yet the response had me in my feelings.

"Me?"

He looked at me and the light turned green.

I focused back on the road, unlike him I wasn't a pro at multitasking.

"Yeah, anytime I'm having a long ass day and I see you—you just ease my mind."

I chewed on my bottom lip.

I didn't know how to take that. I knew it wasn't bad, but I never had anyone say something like that to me.

I was so used to bringing so much baggage, I never thought I could be someone's peace. He's told me before, but how he said it, was what got me.

Like it was regular conversation, he wasn't tryna put on. You know when you first start talking to a man, and they're layering it on thick.

He wasn't just telling me something I wanted to hear, that was genuinely how he felt—type shit.

"What's on your mind?"

I shook my head. "Nothing—we're here. I'm gonna park in the front, so it's easier for me to bring down the boxes."

"Ight, we only getting the small shit. I got Phil and the boys coming to load up anything other than essentials."