Seven

|In the dark|July 2nd 2016

|In the dark|
July 2nd 2016

"Where you been?" I asked slightly irritated.

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him.

He was removing his clothes to get in bed. Which wouldn't have been an issue, if it wasn't 3:30 in the morning.

He hadn't texted or called me all day, and now he pops up with no heads up.

"I've been in meetings."

"All day?"

"Yeah all day, why you gotta attitude?" He said moving me over, so he could lay next to me.

"We haven't talked all day, I haven't even gotta a simple text from you. And then you think it's okay to show up randomly with no notice."

"Seven chill, I just told you that I've been busy all day."

I shook my head. "I been chilling, you're the one doing pop ups at 4 AM."

"It hasn't been an issue before, I don't know why you're trippin now."

I laughed. "I'm trippin?" I pointed to myself. "Nah nigga you trippin."

"What's really the issue? We been good."

"No we really haven't Dominick. I don't know what world you're living in—but we clearly have two different perspectives of good."

"So what you saying?" He looked at me.

"I can't keep doing this."

He shook his head. "Doing what?"

"This—" I pointed between me and him.

"What—so you done?" He asked sitting up.

I sighed. "I wanna be—yeah."

He smacked his lips. "Ight Seven—"

"Let's not act like we've been peaches and cream. Like be fuckin forreal."

"I'm not bout to sit here and go back and forth with you, and you're not even telling me why you're mad. I know it's not about me coming in a 3."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't gotta do shit, you can leave."

"What?" He asked confused.

"You heard me—you can go." I wanted to bring up Isabella, but in a way I felt like I didn't have the right too.

I was irritated as hell, and I wasn't in the mood to get my feelings hurt. Deep down I didn't even wanna know. A part of me was scared, scared that I was in over my head. Thinking that he'd be with me, over her.

Not even being insecure, I was thinking realistically. I knew who I was and what I had to offer. I was comfortable now more than ever, in who I've grown to be. But up against a woman who had everything together, and only brought minor flaws to the table.