hope

You were at the church in Alexandria, where Father Gabriel was leading his sermon. There was no hope in you left but sometimes it would come back during Gabriel's sermons.

After the sermon, you stood up and walked outside, seeing everyone doing their chores. You glanced around the area and headed back into the house where you, Michonne who is a mother to you and to your little sister Judith.

You opened the door, revealing Michonne standing there, looking very distraught. You stood there, confused and worried.

"Hey, Michonne, are you okay?" You gaped. "Is Judith okay?"

You began to head upstairs but Michonne stopped you. "She's okay. She's sleeping."

"Oh, alright." You headed back downstairs. "Then what is it?"

You headed over to the counter and pulled out your weapons and set them on the counter and began to clean them. Your eyes met with Michonne.

"I have something I need to take care of." Michonne says to you wearily.

"Just let me finish wiping this and I'll come with you. Should we call backup? Daryl? Carol?" You genuinely asked but Michonne gave you the look that it was personal to her.

"Michonne?" You raise a brow. "What is it?" You set down your knife and walked over to her.

"I just want to check on something. I won't be gone for that long." Michonne explained to you but you wouldn't budge.

"Not alone." You scoffed as you shook your head.

"I need you to stay here." Michonne demanded you. She walked over you to you and stares at you, desperately.

"Can you at least tell me where you're going?" You questioned her, wondering why she was hiding that from you. "I think I deserve that much."

She hesitated. "I think Rick is alive." Michonne answered.

Your face fell. Your eyes widened in shock. "What?" You whispered. "Alive? What do you mean? Did you see him?" You became frantic. "There is no way he survived that blow." You scoffed.

"No, I just know" Michonne tells you. You stood there, body still.

"What?" You let a tear fall. "I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not." Michonne shot.

"He's my father!" You shouted. You immediately regretted it. Yelling at her, but she knew you didn't mean it towards her.

Michonne looks at you, knowing that you couldn't go with her. You had to stay there and watch over the group and most importantly, Judith.

"Judith needs you more than ever. Daryl, Maggie, they need you." Michonne informed you as she walks up to you, hands touching your face.

You sniff. "I can't loose you too. I already lost too much."

"I will come back for you, Y/N." She wipes a tear away from your face.

You close your eyes as you feel Michonne pull you into her embrace. You feel her hands caress your hair. "I love you, Y/N."

She pulls you back so she can study your face. She gives a light smile.

"I love you, too." You sniffle.

You watch as Michonne packs her weapons and her supplies. Once she gets everything, she walks back up to you and grabs your hands. "He is out there. Somewhere. I will find him and I will bring him home."