sneaky talks

"Y/N, have you seen my amo that I left by my bed?" Michonne asked you as you were strapping your belt on with all of your weapons on the belt.

"No, sorry." You answered her. "Maybe Judith?" You questioned.

"Maybe. She did last time. What am I going to do with both of you. Running off and giving me heart attacks." Michonne glanced over at you, letting her see your innocence.

"Michonne-" You laughed, having her walk towards you. She immediately turned serious and you matched her energy.

"Rick would be proud of the leader you are today." Michonne cupped your cheek into her left palm and you squished it into her palm more. "I love you."

"I love you, too Michonne." She wiped away a tear. She then playfully pushed you away as she finds her amo.

Walking around Hilltop, you see everyone with their daily chores. Watering the fruit that you all grow, washing clothes and feeding the horses. This was your home.

Helping out, you then hear all of a sudden Father Gabriel slam the screen door on our prisoner Negan, who's trapped inside a cellar.

Negan has had his worst demons against him. Killing Glenn and many others out of cold blood, you could barely look at him. For two weeks straight though, that didn't stop you from talking to him whenever you had the time. If Michonne found out or Daryl, they would be angry.

The conversations you two would have wouldn't hurt though. You would talk about each other's pasts lives, endless conversations about nothing. Just random things. For the past two weeks, you haven't missed a day talking to him. You knew he was the enemy, but it was nice having someone to talk to.

The thing you hated, Negan would always get into your head.

You would usually wait until nighttime for it, but something inside of you wanted to do it now.

You glanced around your surroundings and headed down the stairs to lead to him. You opened the screen door and revealed a little light that you shined and it went a little darker when you closed it.

"I'm hungry down here." Negan complained.

"And that's my fault?" You questioned sarcasm as you revealed yourself to Negan. You shot him a dirty look.

"Wouldn't mommy be mad that you're down here?" Negan mocked as he was sitting in the corner, sweating and dehydrated.

"What did Father Gabriel want?" You randomly question him getting closer to the cage.

"They don't tell you shit that's going down, don't they?" Negan asked, head tilted.

"Yeah, they do." You lied.

"No, they don't-" He sighs and gets up from the corner, "You have to find out for yourself. That must be stressful. No one listening to you." He tucks out his bottom lip.

"You don't know shit that happens up here." You shot.

"But I do." He chuckled evilly.

"Oh yeah? Then tell me." You shot, grabbing the stool from behind you that is leaning on the wall. You cross your arms and wait for Negans response. "I'm waiting."

"Something happened to daddy, right?" He told you, having you remember Ricks death. You shot up, confused and angry that he knows that.

"How the hell do you know that?" You shot up from the stool, eyes widened. You stood there for a moment. "I told you-" You stopped yourself and reminded yourself the reason why you never told him in the first place.

"Trust, I know. The tension up there is oof-" He stopped and sucked his teeth, "tough."

"Tough. Huh." You laughed sarcastically. "Your life hasn't been tough. Killing innocent people? Please, save me the pity." You held up your hand.

"I'm a changed man." He lied right through his teeth.

"Who is supposed to believe that?" You asked him, confused.

"You. I'm going to prove it to you." Negan stood up, confident in his answer.

"Y/N!" Michonne walked in on you two and you backed up against the wall. "What the hell are you telling her?" Michonne pulled her gun out.

"No, stop." Your instincts kicked in, standing beside Michonne and the gun. "He's harmless. Just trying to get some answers because you guys can't get any." You mouthed off.

"We do have answers, we just having been-"

"Telling me? Yeah, I know. I want to be in the loop." You demanded.

"Told ya." Negan annoying mouth shot.

"Shut up." You and Michonne groaned in unison. "Stay away from my daughter if we decide to let you out. So far, you're making a bad impression." Michonne then pressed on your back for you to leave. You shot Negan a look, knowing what he was saying all added up.

As you and Michonne reached to the stairs, you hustled away but she stopped you.

"Hey, what kind of stunt was that?" Michonne asked you.

"It wasn't a stunt, I just wanted some answers." You answered.

"You think Negan is going to give it to you?" Michonne asked you, knowing he damn well wasn't.

"Well, you guys aren't. Something big happens and I'm the last to know. How's that. I'm supposedly a leader here but I'm not treated like one." You sassed out Michonne. She just stood there, speechless and seemed understood on what changes you want around here.

"I know, I know. You're right and we're sorry." Michonne immediately apologized.

"That's not going to change anything." You scoffed as you walked away.

"Yes, it is. I'll make sure of it." Michonne added. You rolled your eyes at her.

"Negan talked to me like I'm a person. No one does that to me anymore. They treat me like I'm dirt, shit." You threw your hands in the air. "Negan seems to be the only person I can talk to now. You let him out before, why can't you now?" You asked Michonne.

"Last time we did, you caught him escaping and I don't know how but you got him down." Michonne nodded.

"Yeah, I'm pretty great." You smiled sarcastically. "Just keep me in the loop, that's all I'm asking." You begged.

"Okay, don't talk to Negan again." Michonne raised her head to you. You stood here, scoffed and immediately nodded. "Deal."

You knew, you weren't going to hold your end up to the bargain.