seen

(this one is thrown back to season two, where the farm had got out run by walkers and you get separated from your mom Lori and others)

**

You were worried about your father Rick being out in the dark alone in the woods with Shane. Something about him was not right when the world turn to shit, you just didn't want to say anything about it. You knew though your father and Shane has some tensions with each other.

Daryl, Glenn and your father Rick went to handle a hostage named Randall you guys have been handling for about a week now.

You disagreed with everyone, though. Or you think you did. You were the only one who had the balls that killing Randall in cold blood wasn't the right thing to do. Your humanity lost, killing an innocent boy with no motive. You wanted to have some things you say about the group go into consideration but you knew that isn't going to happen but you kept your mouth shut for now.

When they decided to let Randall go and not kill him, Shane decided in his hands to handle him. So, Rick, Glenn and Daryl went to go find him.

"They should be back by now." You glanced out the window of the farm house as you sat on the couch.

"They'll be back, honey. Give them time." Your mother Lori who was pregnant at the time kissed you gently on the head.

"If they knew exactly what they were doing, they'd be back." You bit your fingernails.

"Hey, stop biting them." Lori swipes your hand away from your mouth. "Carl, go upstairs and wash up for dinner." You glance over at Carl who nods quickly and heads upstairs.

"I'm 19, I could handle myself out there. I should've went with them." You kept on worrying and worrying.

"Y/N-"

You immediately heard the door open and then close, revealing Glenn and Daryl.

"Where are they?" Maggie asked. You shot up right next to her, heart beating fast.

"They're not back yet?" Glenn asked, glancing at you.

"No, what do you mean? You guys split up?" Lori asked them two.

"Well, we found Randall. He wasn't bit but he turned." Daryl explained. Your face turned confused and immediately knew.

"Someone killed him." You stated blankly. "It had to be Shane." You nodded.

"We don't know that. Could've been-"

"Mom, open your eyes. Shane, he isn't-he's not right in the head anymore, mom." You yelped at her, pacing back and fourth.

"Honey, You're just stressed. Go upstairs for a bit and I'll call you down when they come back. Please, go find Rick." Lori asked Daryl and Glenn. You follow your moms orders, knowing she's trying to just calm you down.

Maybe she was right or maybe you thought you had to do something dumb to get everyone to listen to you. As you headed upstairs, you saw Carl doing his homework in the corner.

"Hey." You slammed yourself on the bed next to him. "Put that away." You laughed.

"Why? Mom told me to-"

"Always listen to mom, huh?" You scoffed, hoping out of bed and looking out the darkness of the window.

"She's just trying to keep us safe, Y/N. You need to stop being so hard on her." Carl tells you. You turned to him, looking at his innocent self.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry it's just-" You stopped, knowing Carl doesn't need to be apart of this mess. "Ya know Id die for you, right? Mom, dad, you." You nodded to him.

"I know you would. I'd do the same." Carl nodded back.

"I love you." You smiled cheeky and sighed, looking out that damn window. You couldn't just stand there.

About ten minutes later, you headed back downstairs with a loaded gun in your back pocket and amo with a knife. You saw that your mother was busy talking to Maggie and Beth as dinner was boiling. You opened the door very quietly and headed out into the farm area by yourself. You knew what you were doing was stupid, but you had to try.

Walking for only about a couple of minutes out, you saw two figures walking towards you out of the forest. You immediately saw it was Shane and your father. You sighed of relief and walked a little slower towards them. Immediately, they stopped and continued to talk to each other. You stopped as well, trying to not get too close to them so they wouldn't see you.

All of a sudden, you see Shane pull out a gun and point it to Rick. You gasp, running over to them but not so they could see. You couldn't hear the conversation but you knew it was going to get tense. You were only a few feet away from them now.

Shane was walking around Rick like he was a crow circling his prey. Shane had the fun pointed to Rick with no hesitation and you were breathing heavily.

You had to stop it. Shane immediately came after Rick and all of a sudden, both of them are still. Rick and Shane were chest to chest.

Immediately, Shane fell to the floor, bleeding out. You gasped, not knowing how to react to this. For Rick it was self defense but the group wouldn't of had listened. Rick immediately went on the ground next to him, trying to save some of the blood so Shane wouldn't bleed out. You could hear Ricks sobs. Having no other thing to do, Rick turns around and he reveals you, shell shocked.

"Dad?" Your voice cracked, sobbing.

"Y/N-" He walked towards you with Shane's blood. You backed away from him, seeing that Shane was lying there. Dead. Or so it assumed. He has turned into a walker but Rick didn't see yet. He was too busy trying to deal with what you just saw. "Please, it's not what it seems-"

You sobbed and Rick turned around seeing Shane up and ready to attack him as a walker. With no hesitation, you pulled out your gun and pulled it on Shane. Rick eyes widened, thinking it was towards him.

"Please, put it down." Rick begged. You hated that Rick thought it was towards him. You pull the trigger. You stood there, no motion in your body or legs. Shocked that you just shot Shane as a walker.

Rick turned to Shane, dead on the floor.

"Y/N-" Rick motioned for you to put the gun down.

"I never trusted him." You sobbed quietly to him. "He- he was trying to get to you and the group-" You kept on rambling and rambling but Rick was there to calm you down.

Rick stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I know he was your best friend." You glanced up at Rick, who was still traumatized.

"Yeah. Was." Rick shot.

"We need to go back to the farm. Come on." You grabbed Rick's shoulder and he became less intense.

Rick nods, while suddenly you heard walkers growling. You and Rick turn your head in unison.

A giant herd was coming towards the farm.