halfway

"I told you I would hold my end up in the bargain." You shot at Negan as you were sharpening your knives.

You and the group at Hilltop were up on a tower, waiting for Beta to show up with the Whisperers. There were signs that Bets knew that Alpha was dead, but we weren't sure so the group decided to take precaution. As two groups set out to find some supplies, you stayed back, watching the tower.

"I knew you would." Negan told you, leaning against the wall.

"Then why are we still talking?" You shot angrily back, walking away from him.

"I would think people would be more at ease-"

"No, we will never be at ease, Negan. This is a cruel, unusual world. There are enemies at every corner." Your nose flared at him, backing up so you don't do anything you would regret.

"I liked her, you know." Negan randomly told you, having you just glare up at him in confusion.

"Alpha? How?" You grimaced at the sight of Negans facial expression.

"She has done horrible things, things that we can't excuse. She had good in her, though." Negan explained to you.

"You liked her? She made this group go through hell and if you're going to be apart of this group, then you got to be all in." You told Negan in a sharp tone.

"Come on, there has to be someone who you would rather forget about but you liked them." Negan taunted you with the words. You shivered a little but shook it off.

"Stop." You whispered, turning your back towards Negan. "Just stop." You repeated, glaring back at Negan.

"I appreciate you giving me a second chance." Negan thanked you randomly. You turned back to him, knowing that he really meant it.

"Just don't screw this up or I'll personally throw you back into that cellar." You threatened him. He chuckled at your little threat and sighed.

"I wonder what your dad would think." Negan studied you when his rough voice said that.

"My dad? Why?" You chuckled nervously at Negans random statement.

"He'd be proud." Negan smiled.

"No, you don't get to talk about him." You shook your head and scoffed, trying to get Rick out of your mind.

"I didn't mean to offend you." Negan apologized, glancing at you. You just stared at him and crossed your arms.

"I do think about him. Everyday. That should've been me on that bridge. Sometimes I even think he's-" You sighed heavily. "Alive."

"Miracles can happen." Negan nodded.

"Yeah? Miracles should've happened a long time ago." You teared up, grabbing your knife that you sharpened and placed it in your knife holder. Without sharing another word with Negan, you walked away from him with no other words shared.