2 - the third brother

8 years later

Jaerionna

I was comfortably sitting in the library reading a book about northern myths and legends, when the door to the library opened, I feared that it would be one of the septas, or maids, for I was supposed to have sewing lessons today, but I decided that sowing is not as important as silence and peace of the library. It is funny, but not many know how noisy Kings Landing actually is, it seems as if all the noise is somehow coming from Kings Landing, so having moments such as this was rare.

When the door opened and I heard light footsteps echoing in the room, I sighed a little knowing that it was just one of the other kids. When a white haired girl approached me, I looked at her and smiled kindly. It was only Helaena, the only one of the other kids that was friendly and kind. I loved Helaena, I wasn't sure if she even noticed me, but I loved spending time with her, she always had interesting thoughts and you never knew what was happening inside her colorful head. "She has such a dreamy face, so beautiful", I thought to myself, no one will appreciate her beauty, you have to understand her, listen to her and hear her, to see her beauty, but she was beautuful, I was sure of that. I knew she was a dragon dreamer, not many knew that, but that was only because they didn't listen to her. She was a dragon dreamer in a life of abuse and cruelty.

"Your mother is looking for you" Helaena smiled at me. I started swirling my blue sapphire necklace that peacefully hung on my neck. She finally gave birth to my third sibling. I wanted to see her and be there for her during her labor, but mother said that I'm not old enough to see and hear such things. "Thank you for telling me!" I said and started running through the door to the cold, stony corridors leaving the book and the silence in the library. I couldn't run in the castle so I had to learn how to walk really fast within all those years. I got to my mother's chambers.

As I walked to the heavy, red painted doors that had two knights standing on each side of it, I started to think about everything that my mother has done for me and for others. My mother was such a kind person, with a heart bigger than any dragon, yet she never got what she gave back. The pain that she suffered in labor will only be given back in rude remarks and rebellions of the child. It saddened me that if it's a boy only my father will be celebrated for giving my mother and the realm another son, but Rhaenyra who has suffered all day in here will be shoved to the side. The pain of being a woman was thick in the air today. I was afraid that I will have to go through such suffering and not get anything back, but I suppose that is every woman's burden, to give and give and never receive anything back.

I smiled to the knights and they opened the door showing me a secret world of love and loyalty in my mother's bedroom, that has received a visit of the brown haired princes, my father, ser Harwin Strong, a few maids and now me. Love was felt all around the room, even sharing a bit of its scent to the old corridor.

"Mother!" I screamed smiling from ear to ear. "Oh, my sweet Jearionna" the white haired figure sighed, tired, standing beside the bed with a newborn in her hands. I ran towards them and kissed my mother's cheek. She was a strong fighter, not like others. I looked at the babes rosy cheeks and bright smile. Such a happy babe. "I told you it will be another boy" I said, smiling at my new brother. He looked quite stupid, like there were no thoughts behind those pretty brown eyes, but I knew that no matter what, I'll love him and will protect him at any cost. "Yes indeed, you are always right my sweet girl" my mother smiled at me."What's the name?" "Joffery" my father answered with a bright smile. Harwin Strong stayed silent the whole time standing beside my father. When I looked at him with a bright smile plastered on my face, he too smiled at me and nodded as a way of congratulating.

"We have chosen an egg for him" Jace said, pointing towards the metal box that supposedly held the egg. I looked to it and sight sadly, Joffrey's egg will most likely hatch and he'll have his own beautiful dragon and I will carry the burden of being the only living dragonless Velaryon. But I'm happy for the boy, there is nothing greater and beautiful than a dragons bond with its rider. "Can I hold him?" I asked and Mother looked at me with a sad smile and shook her head a no. I frowned, but the boys who didn't see the head shake suddenly started asking to hold the baby too and father made us leave the room. I kissed my father's cheek before leaving and he kissed the crown of my head.

After my visit to my parents, I went to the gardens. I loved the gardens, it was always blooming with the most beautiful flowers and the songs of birds were calming to everyone that walked there. It was almost heaven on earth. I went to the white, red and pink peonies, they were my favourite flowers in the gardens. I bent down and smelled the sickeningly sweet scent. As I was smelling the flowers of the garden and showering in the ending summer's sun, my brothers were bonding with their dragons in the dragon pit.

After some time I decided to go there too and watch, I already knew high valyrian fluently so I didn't go there to learn the language, but I still hoped that if my dragon does not hatch, I will bond with one, so I needed to know how to treat a dragon. Once I got to the dragon pit, I instantly started regretting my choice of coming here. It made me sad, I wanted a dragon more than anything, yet my brothers, who of course loved their dragons, but didn't spend that much time with them and hells they don't even know all the valyrian terms you had to know to tame a dragon, they had dragons. Jace was bonding with his dragons and the rest of the boys were watching. None of them noticed me except for him... The boy that hated me more than anything and I hated him more than anything noticed me first. Like he always did...

Author:
So what do you think of Jaerionna? And yes it will be enemys to lovers, just like any other Aemond fic, but what can I say I'm basic. I plan on making this a bit diffrent and I'll create more scenes where all the kids are together, or just some of them, cause the series showed very little of the kids relationships. And if I don't update in like a decade, don't be affraid, I'm just really busy with school, but I'll try to update as much as I can. Thank you all for reading!

That's how I picture Jaerionna

That's how I picture Jaerionna. I'll make a fancast later when she grows up. But of course you can picture her however you want.