Chapter 1-Black Snow

Right now I am in school so I am going to be updating really slow probably. also there will probably be a lot of mistakes because I am not perfect. I hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer-

I DO NOT OWN AVTAR THE LAST AIRBENDER

(This is Amber just imagine her younger and having red hair

(This is Amber just imagine her younger and having red hair.)

Amber's POV

"Take This!" Sokka said as he threw a snowball at me.

"This means war!" Katara said from beside me behind our small snow wall. The three of us countinued our snowball fight with Sokka on his own and Katara and I ganging up on him. "You'll never catch me !" I yelled and started running with the two of them chasing me all of us laughing. Then something started falling from the sky.

I stopped and held out my hand. "Ha! We got you." Sokka said. "Uh Sokka.." "What is it Amber?" Katara asked. "Look at the snow." I replied. They both looked down to see the white snow being slowly coverd in ash.

"Fire Nation." Sokka said barely a wisper. "FIRE NATION" He said again this time as loud as he could. "I am going to find Mom" Katara told her brother. "Sokka we have to do something." He nodded. "We should find my dad." We ran through the camp not stopping until we found Chief Hodoka.

"Dad, it's the Fire Nation!" Sokka told his father.

"I know. Where is Katara?" The chief questioned.

"She went to find mom."

"Okay Sokka find a place to hide you are not ready for battle."

"What about Amber?"

"She can protect herself. But Amber try to stay away from any fire nation soldiers."

"Okay" I said. With that Chief Hodoka ran to gather the other men while Sokka ran in the opposite direction. Running through the village I made sure all the other children were safe then ran to see what was happening with the battle.

On the way there I passed the chief's hut and heard crying from inside. Slowly I walked up to the hut and looked inside. On the floor was Katara's mom lying unmoving with Katara next to her crying.

The Fire Nation soldiers must have done this.

With more anger than before, I started running towards the fight. Although this may seem like a dumb move, I did it anyway.

Not long after I reached the clearing in front of the village where the Fire nation had broken the wall. In the middle of the clearing stood Hodoka wounded and surrounded by Fire Nation soldiers. No. No this is not good. I have to help him.I thought. Running towards him I bent the Snow into water freezing some of the soldiers in place. The soldiers, by my luck, were all fire benders and easily melted the ice. "Get the child" One of the the soldiers, maybe a commander, said. I got into a fighting stance and sent water towards the soldiers. My attack knocked down a few of them. "Stop."
I urned to look at the speaker along with the Fire Nation soldiers. Chief Hodoka spoke again. "I have a deal to make."
A man most likely the commander or high ranking officer spoke next. "What could you possibly have that is worth us leaving?"
"Her." Chief Hodoka pointed to me.
"What use do we have of a water bender. And a child at that."
"She can bend more than just water."
The man considered this for a few moments before gesturing towards some of the men. And before I realized what was happening two soldiers were taking me towards the Fire Nation ship.