The Heart-to-Heart Talks

Barley, Varian and Kristoff sat on the stairs.

They ate their apples until they are all nothing but the fruit cores.

The mountain man took a deep breath. Kristoff was glum. "You know, I still thought Elsa was the only child of Arendelle." He mentioned.

The alchemist was curious. "How did you know her, Kristoff?" Varian asked.

The mountain man don't mind. "I met Elsa who just became the queen of Arendelle. She was twenty one years old. Her parents, King Agnarr and Queen Iduna are keeping Elsa from everyone. She wanted to let herself go. It's hard for Elsa to keep secrets from the kingdom and the world." Kristoff answered in his explanation.

Barley was sympathetic. "It's because she has magic powers." He guessed.

Kristoff glances at Barley. "It's kinda because Elsa was born with ice powers. She belongs to the Enchanted Forest. When Elsa went further to Ahtohallan, she becomes the fifth spirit. Plus, her mother is Northuldra." Kristoff said.

Barley was enthusiastic. "Whoa...Elsa's the snow goddess..." he said.

Kristoff smiled. "Yeah, something like that." He said.

Barley looks at Varian. Barley was smirking. "So, you have a dad, huh Varian?" Barley wondered.

Varian made his awkward smile. "Oh yeah. He's the only family I have ever got. Plus, Eugene Fitzherbert." Varian replied.

Kristoff was skeptical. "Just a quick question, Varian, is Eugene really your big brother? Even you catch him in your house by your goo trap?" Kristoff asks.

Varian shrugs his shoulders. "Eugene was my first friend actually. Of course, he was really insistent that we should be brothers in Old Corona." Varian answers honestly.

Barley was still smirking. "Are you and Eugene are brothers for real?" He wonders.

Varian nodded his head twice. "Yes and let me explain." He replies.

Kristoff was perplexed. "Well until we figure out where Elsa's sister is, go ahead, Varian." Kristoff mentions.

Varian sighs. The alchemist made his sad smile. "Okay...A lot of things happened since I met Eugene...Yes...I talked him into going to the tower...The deal was he would take me there for his freedom...But it doesn't go as planned...The guards and the ruffians are chasing me and Eugene...I tried to tell him that I can't swim...He didn't know that I can't float...I had the princess's crown...Eugene and I are on the river...Eugene saved my life from drowning...In fact, he kept me safe in Old Corona for a year...It would have explained better in my written documents...It got a lot complicated for Rapunzel and her home kingdom of Corona...Eugene has been thru so much...At least he got married with her and he's going to be a father soon...heh..." Varian explains.

Kristoff was skeptic. "Wait..." he said.

Then, Kristoff wanted to know. "Varian, are you telling us that Eugene was the thief who stole the crown? And the crown was Princess Rapunzel's? Who lived in the tower? And they got married afterwards?" Kristoff inquired.

Barley was cheerful. "And Eugene's becoming a dad?" Barley inquires.

Varian nodded his head several times at Kristoff and Barley. "Twins." Varian said.

Kristoff sighed. "Okay." He said.

Barley grinned. "Nice." He said.

Varian looked at Kristoff. Varian was curious again. "Kristoff, do you have a dad?" Varian asked.

Kristoff was smiling. "Nope, not a mom either. The troll named Bulda took me and Sven in when we were little." He answered.

Barley smiles at Kristoff. "Oh that's right. You have been raised by trolls back in your world." He remembers.