: ̗̀➛ background information

Ok so this is mainly gonna be some information about the au that will take place in this story. First and foremost, it's a self aware genshin au or SAGAU for short. The basis of SAGAU is basically about the reader getting transported into the world of Genshin, kind of like an isekai I suppose? Correct me if I'm wrong 😭

The reader is usually labeled as the Creator. If the reader is in fact a god-like creator or just an average person in our world depends on the writer or author. However, since we have vast knowledge of the world due to the game, the characters see reader as a sort of creator/god. This can also be supported by the fact that we control them when playing the game.

Within this au, there are a ton of different and diverse sub au's if you will. SAGAU is like an umbrella term for different aus. Here are some examples, also bold means that it's very important!:

Soft au: A classic Creator!Reader arriving in Teyvat. The characters care about you and love you <3

Imposter au, which is the one that will be used in this story: The characters hunt you down because you wear the same face as their divine creator. In truth, you're the true creator but you're too confused to understand why your beloved characters are like this!

Reverse Imposter au: You're an actual imposter in this one. There's a true divine god and they're not very happy with you having a similar face.

Cult au, which will also be slightly used ig? I'll make sure to add trigger warnings to chapters with violence but if I forget, please let me know!!: Supports the violence in the Imposter AU. Their worship of the creator is cult-like, bordering yandere, so they hunt you down. It makes more sense for our loving characters to be violent this way.

Villain au: Usually after the imposter AU. Reader turns to either the Fatui, the Abyss, Boss enemies, or goes solo as a villain. They're angry for being hunted down and they finally use their god-powers to fight back.

Consort au: More romance-based. Your godliness is recognized and they want you to have a consort (this may breach into a Harem AU).

Unnamed: Characters are aware that they're in a game and that you play them through a screen.

Flower au: Teyvat is sensitive to creator reader and nature yiels to them. Can be called Disney au or other similar things.

Friendship lvl au: The character's likability or ability to recognize you as their god relies on your friendship level with them in-game

Within the SAGAU, there are various terms you all should also be aware of, such as:

Golden blood: Reader bleeds gold as a sign of their godliness/other-word identity.

Star-themed: Reader may have star-like qualities in their eyes and blood. Used as a replacement for the gold blood.

Vessels: When we control the characters while playing, the characters believe you are using them as vessels to see the world.

Acolytes: Basically your worshippers.

Consort: The chosen spouse of a ruler.

Moving on. In the description of this book, I wrote various genshin characters. This does mean that I will make multiple endings with different characters. However, I would like some input from all of you as to who I should include. I have decided on some but if there's anyone else you guys would like, please let me know! I will let you all vote until November 20th.

For Mondstadt: Diluc, Kaeya, Venti, Rosaria + anyone else you guys would like

For Liyue: Xiao, Beidou, Zhongli, Yelan, Ganyu, Childe + anyone else you guys would like

For Inazuma: Ayato, Ayaka, Kazuha, Thoma, Raiden Shogun, Itto, Heizou + anyone else you guys would like

For Sumeru: Cyno, Tighnari, Dehya, Alhaitham + anyone else you guys would like

Credit to @/hiraya-rawr on tumblr for most of the explanations, I really liked how they explained it. Also check some of their work out!