012

June 12 2016 3:45pm

"YOU'RE GOING TO ITALY?!" Taylor exclaimed, after hearing the news that her friend, Eva had just broken to her. "Yeah, I am! It's for like— an audition thing. Wanna meet up somewhere?" the brunette offered through the phone, "Dude! Yes! Of course!" the blonde said excitedly, a smile forming on her face.

"What're you auditioning for?" the singer asked, resting her chin on the palm of her hand. She was seated on an office chair with a wooden table and lamp in front of her. The blonde was surprisingly fond with her hotel, she liked the warm lighting and the terrace and the fact that it wasn't too small or too big, it was just right. Even though it would be considered common, given that she's been to so many different hotels on tour.

"I'm not sure what I'm auditioning for 'cause my manager's the one that handles everything but, once I find out, I'll let you know." Eva chuckled.

"Well whatever it is, good luck! I hope you get the part."

"Not sure if it's a major role buuut, I'll tell you if I get it. Anyways, I've got to go now! I'm currently at the airport, about to board." the brunette informed.

"Ah, alright! Wouldn't want you to miss your flight. Be safe! Please don't get into a plane crash and die, I would really miss seeing your pretty face." Eva laughed over the phone, "I'll keep that in mind, love. Okay, I got to go now, love you so much, bye!"

And with that, the call ended. Taylor was still replaying the last few words that the actress had just so casually said, she felt her stupid heart hammering in her chest again, they were friends, and she normally said those four words to her friends all the time but hearing them come from the brunette, it was different. She couldn't explain it. She stood up and walked towards the white bed, propping herself up on the left side. Tom was currently in the shower, so to kill some time, she decided to grab the book placed on the dimly lit wooden bedside table.

It was Eva's book.

It was one of her earlier published novels, but it was still extraordinary, at least, in the blonde's opinion. Though her friend had been primarily focusing on her acting career, Taylor hoped that Eva had some sort of unpublished hidden manuscript yet to be announced because, well, she was quite fond of the author's way with words. She pushed the frame of her glasses up the bridge of her nose and opened the book, the wooden-vanilla scent of their pages filling the air. She settled down on the bed, leaning against the frame.

The singer had been so lost in the world carefully crafted by Eva that she failed to notice her boyfriend getting out of the shower.

"Is that Eva's book?" Tom questioned, ruffling his hair with a towel before pulling a white Lacoste polo shirt over his head. Taylor hummed in response, "It is, you should give it a read, it's really good!" she replied enthusiastically, glancing at him before settling her gaze back to the words printed on the paper.

"Maybe I should." the other replied whilst fixing his hair in front of the mirror next to the television. Taylor, ultimately deciding that it would be rude to continue reading with company, closed the book, making sure to slide her bookmark in-between the pages she was previously reading.

"What would you like to do today?" the actor asked. The blonde shifted her gaze from the closed book on the table to the male, furrowing her brows in thought. She took off her glasses and placed it atop of the book before responding, "I don't know, actually. I'm pretty sure we've done like— almost everything." It was only the couples third out of seven days in the European country but in their defense, they were excited!

"How about we just explore and go shopping or something?" Taylor suggested before getting up from the bed, stepping closer towards the taller male who was still standing in front of the mirror. He turned around to face her, cupping her cheek with his hand before leaning in, closing the gap between them.