7. Drink

Epiphany // Alicent Hightower out now!!

Untouchable // Daemon // Aemond x Jurassic Park crossover

''Please, Ayana, I implore you. You must call upon the spirits before the next full moon." Mikael begged

''I will not. It is a crime against nature." she retorted

''Ayana, we have already lost too much. We cannot lose any more. The spirits can help us find a way to protect our children." Esther agreed.

~

" I'm thirsty. Do you want a drink?" Bekka asked Katherine as they moved through the casterly rock. 

''So vampirism was a form of protection?'' Katherine remarked. 

''What else would it be?" Bekka offered. 

''A curse." Katherine retorted softly. Although turning had saved her, given her more years with her family, able to watch them grow and live, breathe... it felt like a curse at times. One katherine would never wish upon her family. 

''My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive." Bekka remarked. 

''Yeah, but why stay? If they were so afraid of the werewolves, why not leave?''

''Pride." Bekka answered simply as Katherine poured them both a drink.  "My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses."

"Mikael sounds like quite the guy." Katherine murmured. 

"Be glad he is dead and you will never have to face his fury." 

~

Memories... 

'' Everything could be heightened. Our family could live forever." Mikael told Ayana.

''At what cost? This magic you speak of breed's consequence. This is the makings of a plague, Esther. The spirits will turn on you." Ayana informed them.

''Please, Ayana." Esther agreed

''I will have no part in it!" Ayana hissed storming out. 

 ''If she will not protect our family... Then it is in your hands alone, my love." Mikael countered. 

~

''In her hands? How could she do anything?" Katherine countered

''Because my mother was also a witch." Bekka told her. 

''What?" Katherine questioned nearly dropping her glass. 

''The witch of the original family, the original witch." Bekka said calmly. "Where do you keep your best vintage?" Bekka asked peering around Tywin's study. 

''But if your mother was a witch, then..."

''Am I? No. A witch is nature's servant. A vampire is an abomination of nature. You can either be one or the other, never both. My mother did this for us. She did not turn." Bekka remarked pulling out a bottle from Tywin's side table. "Oh this is nice." Bekka remarked tipping the bottle to Katherine. 

"That is good one." Katherine said distantly as Bekka filled her glass as well. "But, How did you turn?"

''She called upon the sun for life and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts." Bekka remarked calmly but Katherine was not calm. 

"HE KILLED YOU?" Katherine couldnt believe her ears. their own father, killed them. 

''And he wasn't delicate about it either."

~

When Rebekah woke up, she had a big blood stain on her shirt. Klaus woke up too, a haze surrounded them as he looked to his sister. 

''Rebekah..." Klaus said softly but she was focused on the blood stain. 

'blood... What happened?" Bekka asked as Klaus got closer to her. 

''It'll be all right. We will be all right-'' Klaus began when the door swung open and Mikael entered with a girl, a tight grip on her.

'' What are you doing?" Klaus asked confused. 

''We must finish what we started. You have to drink if you want to live." mikael informed them as he brought the girl closer and cut her arm, they focused on the blood ozzing from her. 

~

''We had to drink more blood to complete the ritual." Bekka said distantly. 

"That's why when I turned..." Katherine recalled. 

"Yes." Bekka agreed. "It completes the transition."

~

'Drink!' Mikael demanded. Klaus didnt want to he didnt understand but MIkael pushed him closer. ''Drink!'' He took Bekka's head and made her drink. Klaus looked to her, seeing her devouring the blood. 

~

"It was euphoric. The feeling of power was indescribable. But the witch Ayana was right about the consequences. The spirits turned on us, and nature fought back. For every strength, there would be a weakness." Bekka told Katherine. 

"I remember." Katherine remarked. "That feeling... it was bliss and madness at once." Bekka nodded. 

"That first bite." Bekka agreed. 

"I never wanted to stop." Katherine admitted. "I'm grateful, I hated them for a short time," Katherine admitted softly. "But I'm grateful for the Salvatore brothers." 

"They are certainly something." Bekka agreed. "You have a good support system." Bekka remarked looking to Tyrion running up to them. "I envied you." Bekka remarked. "When Klaus and Elijah told me of you." Bekka watched Katherine pick up Tyrion and he leaned into her. 

"I envied that you got to have, family, children... we were so, all of us, we were so close for a long time but then as years passed things changed, we changed and we drifted apart."

"You seem closer now." Katherine remarked. 

"That is thanks to you." Bekka informed her. 

"Me?"

"You brought us back together without even trying." Bekka told her. "My brother's infatuation with you." Bekka told her. "Your family, it brought us all together, something i never thought would happen. Not after everything we went through." 

"I'm glad you are all here. I didnt have any siblings and then I had Tywin and the twins and- it's really nice to have a sister." Katherine told her grabbing her hand. 

"Mama?" 

"Yes baby?" Katherine asked kissing Tyrion's little head. 

"Can I have a cookie?" Tyrion asked. 

"Yes. Definitely." Katherine agreed. "Bekka cookie?" 

"Blood coated chocolate chips?" Bekka teased. Katherine rolled her eyes as Tyrion's little face scrunched up. 

"I don't want that cookie." Tyrion told her. 

"I will get you the yummy cookies." Katherine agreed. "Bekka will stick with the vintage." Katherine mused nodding to the bottle.