35. Dead, Undead, Dead Again

As they continued on their journey the mountain getting closer and closer to Sandor's vision, Tormond stopped them hearing something ahead, unnatural noises. they peered down to see the army of the dead walking their pace slow as their swords and boots dragged on the ground

'Where's the rest of them?' jon questioned only seeing a dozen or so.

'We kill enough of them we are going to find out.' Tormond said grinning.

"I got this." Katherine agreed and with a blink she was at the walkers, she snapped their necks as they dropped. She held ones head in her hand with a satisfied smile. 

"Katherine." Tywin corrected moving to her. 

"Well this sucks." Katherine murmured. Dragon glass and valyrian steel. That was how they killed them. Being ripped apart didnt stop them. They were a different kind of undead. How unfortunate. 

"We dont need to bring one to cersei, I can tell my daughter. I can tell her..." Katherine whispered as Sandor bound up the walker. It screamed and screamed so sandor put a hand over his mouth but part of its skin came off in his hand

'Fuck' he screamed shaking off white walker goo.

They heard the marching of approaching soldier, more than this time, and fast approaching.

'Tell Daenerys and Tyrion what we found go!' Jon told Katherine. 'You clearly are the fastest.' Jon added. Katherine looked to Damon. 

"I'm not leaving him. He doesnt look so good and he's my family." Katherine corrected. 

"I'm fine." Damon croaked out but Stefan saw it too. 

"I'm not leaving my wife." Tywin added. Jon looked to Gendry.  Gendry took off, back to the wall, they had the proof, all they needed was to make it back to them alive.

Sandor being the biggest carried the bound white walker on his back, they made a run for it the army of the dead hundreds possibly thousands of them quickly approaching but they came to an iced over river. Their feet started to break the ice as they moved, walkers crumbled into the water as their little spot of sanctuary got smaller but they were safe. But there were so many white walkers the army of the dead circled around them. They were trapped now with thousands of white walkers surrounding them on all sides they were safe for the moment but they were trapped all the same.

'how you doing thoros?' Beric questioned, he looked back at his friend, he was pale, and shaking with the cold but he offered him a smile.

"Damon?" Stefan whispered. 

"This is stupid. We could..." Tywin began but one bite from those things and Damon wasnt healing. He would risk leaving these wildings and northern men but he wouldnt risk his wife getting hurt, getting sick, dying. 

The army of the dead stood there like statues waiting for their moment to attack for hours and hours the sun had disappeared from the sky the only sound of the wind whipping through the breeze and the white walker they had captured at their feet thrashing and whining complaining.

"You cold?" Tormund questioned. "Want to warm up in my arms?"

"Rip your arms off." Katherine murmured as she paced.

"I'm hungry." Damon groaned. 

"Me too." Katherine agreed. 

"We all are." Jorah reminded them. 

"When I get hungry, I get mad." Katherine corrected. "And you dont want to see me mad."

"It's true you dont." Tywin agreed hugging her to him.