8. Sun

''The sun became our enemy. It kept us indoors for weeks..." Bekka remarked and Katherines hand went to her necklace, her daylight necklace. "And then my mother found a solution." she informed Katherine. "But there were other problems... Neighbors who had opened to their homes to us could now keep us out. Flowers at the base of the white oak burned and prevented compulsion. And the spell decreed that the tree that gave us life could also take it away. So we burned it to the ground." Bekka said and katherine could almost see the flicker of the fire in her eyes as the memory flooded her. "But the darkest consequence was something my parents never anticipated... The hunger."

Katherine knew that hunger all too well.

"blood had made us reborn, and it was blood that we craved above all else. We could not control it... And with that... The predatory species was born."

"Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus?" Katherine asked.

"When Nik made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene. With that, he became my father's greatest shame." Bekka told her.

"Yeah. Elijah told me this part of the story. Your mother had had an affair with one of the werewolf villagers. Klaus wasn't his true son." Katherine recalled.

"She tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Nik to suppress his werewolf side, and then she turned her back on him, but Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her." Bekka said solemnly.

"Mikael killed your mother?" Katherine asked appalled.

''He said she broke his heart so he would break hers. He tore it from her chest as Nik watched. Afterwards, my father took off in a rage, and the rest of my family." Katherine saw Bekka turned away, a tear slipping down her face that she quickly wiped away. "Nik stayed so he could help me bury her. He knew I had to say good-bye to my mother...."

~

''I know you think she hated you, Niklaus, but she did not. She was just afraid. I'm sorry she turned her back on you. I will never do that." Bekka told Klaus as he dropped the shovel down.

"Nor will I." Elijah confirmed.

"We stick together as one. Always and forever." Bekka said holding tight to their hands.

~

'' Always and forever." Katherine remarked a small smile pulling at her lips. ''Even though he locked you in a coffin for 50 years."

"We're vampires. Our emotions are heightened. I'm stubborn, Elijah moral, and Nik... Nik has no tolerance for those who disappoint him. Hundred's of years as a family, we've all made that mistake at least once. I've made it several times." Bekka informed her.

"But you still love him?"

"He's my brother, and I am immortal. Should I spend an eternity alone instead?"

"Where is Mikael now?" Katherine asked.

"In an eternal sleep. We couldn't kill him, it might be impossible to so we put him under a curse, a spell, waking him would be a great peril to everyone."

''How do you know that Mikael killed your mother?"

"Nik was there. He told me." 

+

Tywin looked up from his desk when he felt a whoosh of air, a smile curved his face as Katherine shut the door. 

"I missed you." KAtherine whispered hugging him. 

"Everything alright?" Tywin questioned kissing her gently. 

"I was talking to Bekka about her messed up family and I needed to see  you." Katherine told him, he felt cold hands sliding under his shirt. 

"I will never complain about that." Tywin agreed as she sat him back in his chair, her lips stuck to his as she moved with him. 

She leaned back as she pulled his shirt free, his fingers working on her dress while his lips refused to move from her neck and chest. 

"I want you home.' Katherine whispered. 

"Then I come home." Tywin told her looking up to her as her hands ran along his jaw. 

"Yeah?" 

"I come home. I don't like being this far from you." Tywin agreed. "I will resign and I never have to be apart from you again. You and me, are always and forever." 

+

Present day.

But watching Tywin's blood soak the floor, sansa's dismembered head laying beside her bleeding out body. Katherine waited for Tywin to wake. He had to. He had her blood in his system. She didnt know how long it took last time, after all her own transition could have taken hours for all she knew. She was dead for it. She gripped his hand tightly. Maybe she had done something wrong. 

"Come on Tywin." She whispered kissing his hand. "Come back. Come back..."