Ch-56

" Hello shehnaaz, how are you feeling??" Dr. Anjali asked.

" I am good doctor a bit nervous, zyda dard hoga" she asked.

" An anaesthetist will give you a general anaesthetic so that you're asleep for the procedure, which takes about 20-30 minutes, so don't worry, koi pain feel nh hoga, bhut zaldi ho jayega" shehnaaz has given the trigger injection towards the end of the stimulation that is 36 hours before egg retrieval process.

The trigger injection is a crucial step in the process. It readies the eggs for ovulation - the natural process where the eggs are released. The timing is critical, as the fertility specialist needs to perform egg retrieval before you ovulate.

Step third is egg retrieval process
also known as the egg 'pick up' (EPU) procedure where the doctor collects the eggs from the ovaries.

" Mr. Ali you have to go outside now, we have to start the procedure," he nodded kissing her forehead, she blinks assuring him she will be fine.

" don't worry she will be fine, it's a minor procedure" Dr. Anjali told him seeing the concerned on his face.

" how many eggs do we except to retrieve" she questioned the nurse who attended shehnaaz throughout.

" doctor ten" she nodded, the anaesthesia was given, shehnaaz doesn't feel anything, she lay there with closed eyes and soon the anaesthesia starts reacting.

Using ultrasound technology she guided a needle into each ovary. It's delicate work where every millimetre counts.  The Eggs are invisible to the naked eye - they're contained in the fluid-filled follicles in the ovaries. She removes fluid from the follicles that look like they've grown enough to have an egg inside.

Shehnaaz woke up after forty minutes in a warm and comfortable environment, she sees sidharth sitting on the couch reading a magazine that may be related to Ivf, he has developed this weird habit to search for every possible piece of information from the internet, magazines and other sources.

" Hey" she smiled calling him feeling good.

" hey" he replied with a smile too coming towards her.

" how are you feeling??" she gestured for him to sit, and rest her head on his shoulder circling her hands around his torso trying to feel all the love, affection, and warmth she needed.

" pta nh but it's not at all painful, merko pta hi nh chla"

" that's amazing"

The clinic collected sidharth's sperm in the morning before performing the egg retrieval, The laboratory prepare the samples to collect the most viable sperm from the sample for combining with the eggs, all so the scientists can spot the best sperm under powerful microscopes, Once the sample is prepared they have it ready and waiting in the lab for the next step after that the doctor introduces the prepared sperm to the eggs collected in the egg pick up.

" Looking at your face I am thinking you are feeling good" shehnaaz nodded.

" okay Mr. Aly the eggs are sent to the lab for fertilisation procedure, their are basically two methods we used for fertilisation, one is Standard IVF insemination jo ki mein apk case mein suggest nh kar skti hu the Another method of insemination ICSI in this   our scientists is to hand  "ideal" sperm to inject directly into each individual egg we retrieved today

we place the inseminated egg(s) into our specialised culture incubators to assess for fertilisation approximately 17 hours later the next day. We will look for signs of normal fertilisation - 2 pronuclear bodies known as 'pronuclei'. These pronuclei are the genetic nucleus from the egg and sperm, so we need to see only two pronuclei. One from the egg and one from the sperm. If the egg does not present with 2 pronuclei, then the egg has not fertilised and will not produce an embryo" she added.