Chapter 8

"Just enjoy Europe! Don't you ever miss your hometown?" Brooke asks.

I was currently on the phone with her while I was waiting for my flight to be called. And yes I was on the phone with her , my best friend's ex-fiancé, the girl who I disliked from the moment I heard about her. We were actually friends now.

Since she was my secretary and she basically went with me in every meeting, conference, lunch meetings, we became closer.

"Are you sure that's Brooke you're talking about and are you really sure you're the Mia I know?" Alex asks making me roll my eyes.

"Yes Alexander, this is I saying good things about Brooke."

Recalling that conversation never fail to amuse me because he kept asking if I was talking about a different Brooke and bla bla bla.

We finally resolved the awkwardness that is because of Alexander on the first day she told me she was going to be my temporary secretary and on the next days we got along and there was no more awkward tension just this really busy atmosphere.

True to her word, she was very professional when it comes to work. She was very dedicated to what she does and she does her work well, plus, just like Alexander, she was very consistent in annoyingly reminding me to eat lunch.

"I do but I'll be there for work not to go home." I muttered.

"Then use your vacation leave when you get back! Oh wait, I have to go, your telephone keeps ringing and the e-mails are coming in, enjoy Mia!" Then she hangs up.

I sighed as I shut my phone and put it inside my purse. Thirty more minutes before my flight gets called.

I was reading a magazine I brought with me when I felt someone occupy the seat next to me. I looked up to see a young brunette lady, probably around nineteen, panting while fixing her hair.

I eyed her for awhile then return my attention back to my magazine. She looked really familiar.

"Uhm excuse me miss, but do you have an extra hair tie?" I raised an eyebrow and looked up at her. Who the hell asks a stranger for a hair tie? I looked up, my eyebrow raised at her as I stared at her face, I swear I've seen her before and by looking 'weirded out' with her question gives me the opportunity to study and recall from where I've seen her face.

She gasps as she, probably, recognized who I was. Or maybe it was because of the frown on my face.

"Oh my God, Mia Wilson, I hope you don't put this in any article involving me. I'm so sorry, please forget that question." She says quickly then turn to face the other direction.

I close my magazine as I faced her, "Do I know you?" I ask calmly as I rested my chin on my palm.

"Uhm. I don't know if I sound familiar but you might know me as Lillian Rose?" She stuttered, twirling a strand of hair.

"Lillian. Yes that is familiar, I've seen you model for Chanel, you brought yourself well."

She looks up at me and grins, "Thank you."

"So where in Europe are you from?"

"You know I live in Europe?" She asks, tilting her head to one side.

"Your accent gave it away."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I have a lot of dumb moments." She blushes as she bows her head down.

I giggled then replied, "That's Alright."

"Oh your question, I'm from Amsterdam, what about you?"