Chapter 10

I couldn't help but check on my phone every now and then. I was currently seated on the vip section here at the fashion beside Stefan.

Alexander hasn't called me yet and it's been 9 hours, 46 minutes and 7 seconds since we last spoke to each other, and it wasn't even a conversation, it was an argument.

"You know he won't be able to resist you, he's just letting his pride get in the way but I'm sure he'll call you soon." Stefan says beside me.

"How would you know?"

He smirks, "I'm a man. Of course I'd know."

I roll my eyes and put my phone back in my purse. "What time is the show going to start?" I asked as I look around the room filled with people who looked eager to see the collection, some were staring at my way and some were staring at the man beside me.

"You should just relax you know. How was your night?" I look at him with a blank expression then scoffed, "Horrible. I haven't slept yet."

"It's not obvious."

"Well maybe because I always look like this." I say rolling my eyes.

"Not always..." I glared at him urging him to say something else.

"Well not always but when you frown yes you do so you should just smile, see, like this." He continues pointing at himself as he grinned widely.

I giggle lightly as he did all those funny grins and silly faces. I could hear giggles beside me and I bet they were also watching this silly man beside me.

The music began after a while and the first model started walking down the runway and just then my phone started ringing.

I quickly took it out and saw Alexander's name flashing on the screen.

I was about to answer it when Stefan stopped me.

"It's him!" I half whisper, half yelled at him since the music was so loud.

"Now's not the right time Mia, the show has just begun, do you think it's look good if you answer the phone right now?"

I groaned, he was right. If I was a normal person watching the show it would be okay, but my opinion was the only opinion or maybe one of the top 3 opinions the designer would consider and if I answered the phone right now they'd take my picture and probably write "Spring Collection bla bla hasn't even started and is already a failure in Mia Wilson's eyes?"

I did my best to focus on the collection, trying not to let the vibrating object inside my purse bother me.

It felt like it was burning a while and I could practically hear Alexander's voice accusing me of something I didn't do.

What if he assumes I was doing something with Stefan and then whatever we connection we built together suddenly disappears because just when he was calling to apologize I wouldn't answer it? What if --

"Hey, are you okay?" I felt Stefan's hand over mine.

I swiftly turned my head to his direction seeing him looking at me with a concerned look.

"Why what did I do?" I asked, unaware of what was happening.

"You look pale, you look like you've seen a ghost, what's wrong?" He takes my hand in his and rubs circles on my palm, just like how Alex does when I'm tense.

I shook my head and gave him a smile, "It's nothing, do you think I could answer my phone now?"

He sighs but nods his head anyway.

I quickly took my phone out from my purse and was about to answer it when it suddenly stopped. I checked the call log and there was 5 missed calls from him.