Chapter 9: The evers ball.

"Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me, and look in my eye."

Aanya let out a breath and stopped halfway at the stairs as she looked at all the students below, she watched Agatha descend the stairs as Alejandro looked speechless at her look

Aanya let out a breath and stopped halfway at the stairs as she looked at all the students below, she watched Agatha descend the stairs as Alejandro looked speechless at her look. He bowed his head at her and placed a kiss on her hand causing Agatha to blush.

The couple turned to look at Aanya and gestured for her to come as she shook her head. "This was a bad idea" She mouthed to them and started to walk back the way she came as a voice called out to her, his voice.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come," She bit her lip to avoid smiling as she turned around to be met with a smiling Tedros. "And what if I didn't?" She teased him as he smirked. "Then I would've climbed the towers of hell and battled the creatures of the dark for you," She walked down the stairs as Agatha sent her a knowing look.

Tedros moved closer as the proximity between the two of them caused her heart to beat faster. "Oh, how lucky I am to have you as my prince charming," She teased as Tedros rolled his eyes at her response. "Oh yes, only the best for you princess,"

"I- I wanted to thank you, you saved me from that reaper Aanya. You made me see things more than black and white, for the first time I felt alive. And it made me realize," He paused and looked her in the eye. "That you are my one true love," He let out a laugh as Aanya replayed the words in her mind.

'That you are my one true love,' This was the first time he had said the 'l' word to her and it caused her to take a step back. "Tedros, you can't love me," She said as he looked hurt. "It may just be because we're destined to be together but I —," He took a step back and looked at her, he really looked at her and he knew that she didn't mean to hurt him but they were both young.

"Love? I do love you and I know that there's someone that has caused you so much pain but show me where it hurts and I'll fill the wounds with love and care, just give me a chance." He almost begged her as she walked to him and grabbed his hand. "Tedros, if you know the things that I've done. . ." He cut her off and cupped her face with his hands.

"It doesn't matter to me, I've always loved you and I will continue to love you," His words were sincere as his thumb caressed her cheek. "You don't have to say it back because I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you because you are worth everything, every pain, sorrow, happiness and joy," She was afraid that he could hear how loudly her heart was hammering in her chest.

She wanted to say it back to him, she knew that she did love him but the words never made it out as the ballroom's doors slammed open.