Chapter 8: Night Walk

I tossed and turned through most of the night until I had enough. Crawling out the same window that the Todoroki kid did, I walked down the dark steet changing into my hero costume. It felt weird wearing the two piece with my long blue hair waving behind me. Walking down the street I tried to keep my head down and avoid trouble. My thoughts were running about everything that had happened. Mostly I just wanted to go home. Be with my best friends and my parents again. As I walked down the street I wasn't paying attention for the most part until I ran into what could only be described at a mat on my highschool gym wall. Groaning I stumbled backwards then looked up and saw a familiar yellow and orange hoodie.

" You okay down- Oh hey! Water Lily right?" He asked and I nodded, flashing a small smile. " Sorry for bumping into you, didn't see you there."

" It's my fault fat... wasn't watching where I was going..." I mumbled and he crouched down looking me in the eye making me smile then absorb more water boosting my height to just under 8 feet.

" wanna go for a walk? You look like you need someone to talk to." He said and I nodded.

" B-But aren't you on duty?" I asked him and he smiled.

" I am, and you are a civilian in need of help." He said, making me smile and blush. " Where would you like to go?" He asked and I thought about it, only for a short while.

" Somewhere out of the city. I need to get away from the bright lights." I told him, what I really wanted was to be home, far away from here with my parents and my friends. But something about working with Fat made it okay, made me feel safe. Knowing that I was helping a little girl that was a lot like my dad meant a lot to me.

" Well I know just the place." He told me and I nodded. He gently bent down and scooped me up in his arms despite me being over 7' 5" shrinking myself back to my normal height. We walked down the alley ways then through more rural area where there were tons of houses then I could feel it, my home away from home, the sea. " How's this?" He asked gently placing me down and I nodded smiling absorbing my shoes then walking over to the water feeling all of the memories get absorbed into me, it make me smile and hug myself

" Thank you..." I whispered and he wrapped his arms around me.

" Of course Darlin' now, what is eating you?" He asked and I sighed running my fingers through my long hair. " You know why I'm here... But when I started I never knew it was going to be this deep. My jobs are weird and the people I help are broken or lost and are need of saving... but for the first time in my two years of doing this job I have never felt so vulnerable... lost... or useless..." I confessed.

" Hon' there aren't many hero's that do what you do, or care the way you do. I, from what little I've got to meet you, am impressed with why you became a hero. It's different, and for you to be this young and have the world on your shoulders is a lot." Fat told me and I smiled.

" Thank you Fat..." I whispered, returning his hug.

" Call me Taishiro." He whispered and I smiled spinning around going to give him a peck on the lips when his phone went off. " Shit..." He mumbled.

" Go... I'll see you around... Taishiro..." I told him watching as a light blush formed on his cheeks.

" See you around... Nixie." He muttered then pecked my cheek before running off, touching my cheek where he kissed it. I walked back over to the water's edge wading through it. Looking to my right I saw what looked like Kaori but it couldn't be her. It must have just been a memory. Smiling I felt a presence behind me making me freeze.

" Who are you....", His voice asked but stopped short, " No not you." Turning around I was met with dull yellow eyes making me sigh and roll my eyes "There's no way I just got a boner from an American highschool dropout" He spat making my anger skyrocket through the roof, steam leaving me as quickly as I was replenishing it thanks to behind close to the water.